PDA

View Full Version : South Kesteven DC

careygang
3rd September 2007, 07:41 PM
Just to let people know that I am in communication with South Kesteven District Council about caching on their land/property (they have a lot of random small gardens on the roadside, often with a bench). SKDC cover the South West 365 sq miles of Lincolnshire, basically around Grantham, Stamford, Bourne and Market Deeping.
Initial reaction has been good and I am hoping for a permission system based on the Woodland Trust form. Am expecting an answer by the end of September (2007)!

Bill D (wwh)
3rd September 2007, 11:07 PM
That sounds really good! Best of luck with it!

careygang
20th October 2007, 09:15 AM
Hi
Unfortunately, this has not gone as fast as I would have hoped. I am leaving the UK for a few years in 10 days time and this has not been concluded.
The lady I have been dealing with has just sent me this response to my latest enquiry...

Thanks for your e-mail, apologies I have not been able to get back to you yet. I produced a report on the matter for key officers of the council and so far no particular issues or objections have been raised. However, I am still waiting for comments from our Head of Cultural Services which is why I have not been able to get back to you further. I appreciate that you will soon be leaving and will be happy to talk to whoever is nominated to replace you on this matter and hope that we can proceed further in due course.

So is there anyone that would like to finish this off?

Berni

The Wombles
20th October 2007, 10:23 AM
Berni,

Happy to pick this up unless there is someone else who would like to do so,perhaps someone local?

careygang
20th October 2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks Dave
I can afford to wait another week, so lets see if a local pops up. It might even be that it will move on a little more in that time. :coffee:

The Klever Boys
24th October 2007, 08:58 AM
Berni,

Can you tell me what this would involve please?

Thanks,
Russ

careygang
26th October 2007, 03:23 PM
All
Russ has agreed to pick this up so hopefully there will soon be a conclusion and SKDC grounds will be opened up.

I shall watch out for it from my new home in the USA.

Thanks Russ. :applause: :applause:

Bill D (wwh)
26th October 2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks to Berni for setting this one in motion, and thanks Russ for taking it over. Best of luck with it! :)

careygang
26th October 2007, 08:01 PM
It was a pity that I only had 10 weeks notice of moving to the USA with my Job, but it was a chance not to be missed. All those caches. I'm going to have to buy a SUV just to cope with the countryside.
Back in 3 years. I'm going out with an eTrex yellow and paper, what will I come back with?
Paperless here I come! :socool:

nobbynobbs
26th October 2007, 08:32 PM
when shall we start placing the orders? :lol:

The Klever Boys
28th October 2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by nobbynobbs@Oct 26 2007, 07:32 PM
when shall we start placing the orders? :lol:
Yeah - I thought that was part of the deal :lol:

Seriously, I'm grateful of the support - it would have been a great shame to see these negotiations go unfinished after all the good work Berni has obviously carried out so far.

Russ

The Klever Boys
3rd December 2007, 11:22 PM
After picking up the reigns from Berni, I'm pleased to be able to confirm that a process has now been agreed with the South Kesteven District Council (SKDC) that allows applications for caches placed on SKDC land to be considered for approval on an individual basis.

Please note that at the time of agreement (December 2007) the process is being conducted on a trial basis until SKDC are satisfied that Geocaching does not cause them unforseen problems.

More info, including submission form, can be found here (https://www.gagb.org.uk/agreement_view.php?p=52)

Bill D (wwh)
4th December 2007, 11:40 AM
Congratulations, Russ, on achieving this! It's great to be able to add another major landowner agreement to the database, and I hope this trial proves successful and becomes a permanant arrangement! :)

The Klever Boys
15th March 2010, 10:22 PM
Hi.
By way of an update, I'm pleased to be able to say that the agreement on the process of applying for permission to place caches on SKDC land is finally a permanent one :).

Many thanks,
Russ

Bill D (wwh)
15th March 2010, 11:21 PM
That's great news, Russ - congratulations on achieving that! :)