PDA

View Full Version : UK MegaEvent location

The Wombles
7th December 2007, 09:46 PM
Please indicate your preferred location / area for a UK MegaEvent, details on this GC.com thread. (https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=179304&st=0)

Dizzley
7th December 2007, 11:30 PM
Why can't I vote, even if I'm logged in?

Bill D (wwh)
7th December 2007, 11:41 PM
You can now. :)

Members who haven't logged in for six months or a year (I forget which) automatically become "Member (non-voting)". I go through the list of members who've logged in during the last 24 hours every day and if I find any listed as that I change them to full members.

---
Bill, Chairman GAGB

Bill D (wwh)
7th December 2007, 11:51 PM
If you find you can't vote go to this page (https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/register.php) where you can change your status from "Member (non-voting)" to "Member". There's a process in the forum software which makes members non-voting if they haven't logged in for six months or a year (I forget which).

---
Bill, Chairman GAGB

martybartfast
8th December 2007, 01:37 PM
Is it too late to add the Swindon Science Museum as suggested by The Wombles in the GCUK forum thread?

Lydford Locators
8th December 2007, 04:05 PM
Yes, we've voted but Swindon wasn't one of the choices at that stage.

Dorsetgal
8th December 2007, 04:59 PM
My vote is also for Swindon.

Matrix
8th December 2007, 06:38 PM
I voted for earlier for Brum ...but Swindon would be just as good for me :D

The Wombles
8th December 2007, 06:43 PM
I've added Swindon as requested but don't think there is a way for people to withdraw an earlier vote and recast it, so you'll need to indicate this in the thread.

Admin
8th December 2007, 07:22 PM
Dave's right, I'm afraid, there's no way of changing your vote. I can't even change votes logged in as Admin...! :(

---
Bill, Chairman GAGB

Matrix
8th December 2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Admin@Dec 8 2007, 07:22 PM
Dave's right, I'm afraid, there's no way of changing your vote. I can't even change votes logged in as Admin...! :(

---
Bill, Chairman GAGB
Can the thread be scrapped and a new one started ?

MBFace
8th December 2007, 08:08 PM
Where's Yorkshire - anywhere in White Rose territory other than Harrogate? :dunno:

MBF

The Wombles
8th December 2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by MBFace@Dec 8 2007, 08:08 PM
Where's Yorkshire - anywhere in White Rose territory other than Harrogate? :dunno:

MBF

Yorkshire is option two.

The Wombles
8th December 2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by matrix@Dec 8 2007, 07:37 PM

That's probably best done if the MegaEvent organising team have a shortlist and want to poll views on those choices. A new poll could have more specific locations which are potentially not currently listed.

Bill D (wwh)
8th December 2007, 09:03 PM
matrix wrote:
I did think of that, but I feel that too many votes have already been cast, and some of those voters might not realize what'd happened and come back again.

I think Dave's suggestion in the post above is the best idea.

MBFace
9th December 2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by The Wombles+Dec 8 2007, 08:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Wombles &#064; Dec 8 2007, 08:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-MBFace@Dec 8 2007, 08:08 PM
Where&#39;s Yorkshire - anywhere in White Rose territory other than Harrogate? :dunno:

MBF

Yorkshire is option two.[/b][/quote]
But option seven, Harrogate, is in Yorkshire too - oh well, never mind. :rolleyes: