PDA

View Full Version : GSAK and loc and gpx files

Moonraker Team
22nd February 2008, 10:55 PM
Having downloaded gpx files instead of loc files have I missed something because I don't seem to be able to do any more than before. I can upload cache co-ords to GPS, no change, I can upload locations to MEMORY MAP and import onto a PDA, no change. Is there a way of sending the GPX file direct to PDA Pocket Pc, before I just saved web page as a text file, low storage issues. Is there an easier way? Any help please

nobbynobbs
23rd February 2008, 05:52 AM
not sure what system you are using but if you use something like gpxview which is freeware then you download the gpx file to the pda and you have all the cache details.

re the difference? you'll have to wait til someone who's technical to wake up.

hope that helps

Bill D (wwh)
23rd February 2008, 12:40 PM
Like many people, I use CacheMate (http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/) - I import gpx files into it, and that gives all the cache page info and the ability to send what you want to your GPS and so on. You need to register Cachemate to be able to import gpx files into it, but it's really cheap and it's a one-off registration fee.

Moonraker Team
23rd February 2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks I'm trying everything at present etc.

molfrew-mosstoad
25th February 2008, 05:28 PM
I have been using GPX sonar (http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-gpx-sonar.html) for the cache pages. I found it better than gpx view purly for the reason you can pick up TBs and write simle logs, its also Freeware so the price appeals lol . I havent tried cachemate though.

Moonraker Team
26th February 2008, 08:24 AM
:lol:
Thanks everybody, I always think these forums are great because sometimes someones gives you either their opinion (always valuable) or they just make you think or try something different. I was thrashing about not really getting anywhere. However now I think I have cracked it I removed GSAK, that actually helped alot because everything 'coming in' was associating itself with that and I couldn't see the wood from the trees. Then I tried Cachemate, the trial version was enough to convince me and I got the full $8 version. I get GPX files from Pocket Query, I can load those, edit them ,time finds, makes notes etc. I can also upload to MMap the Co-ords to view which in turn I can send to my Garmin so thanks for the suggestions etc
:D :D :D :D :socool:

Bill D (wwh)
26th February 2008, 12:01 PM
I'm pleased to hear that you've got it sorted! I use GSAK and Cachemate together, and haven't had any problems, but whatever works for you...! :)

molfrew-mosstoad
26th February 2008, 09:45 PM
Glad your sorted now. :socool: