PDA

View Full Version : GSAK Help With pda

shane10x
7th March 2008, 11:25 AM
I am useing GSAK and have managed to download LOC to it Now i need to get them to my pda so i can read them do i need some sort of sofware on the PDA to allow me to view the cache i use memory maps. ???

Tiger-Eyes
7th March 2008, 07:23 PM
if you go to this page (http://www.geocache.co.uk/) and choose "MarkandLynns Excellent Page" and then click on "paperless guide" it will give you a step by step guide to paperless caching,
It suggests using cachemate (which I use) and you can get it for palm and for ppc, see how you get on and post here if you need any more help
Fiona :)

molfrew-mosstoad
10th March 2008, 06:48 AM
I have a PDF file here, written by Rincewinds Hat ,with instructions on how to set GSAK to export the HTML files to your pda so when you double click them in Memory Map (on your pda) they will open in your mobile internet Explorer.

If you e-mail me I will foreward it onto to you.

RogerStenning
24th March 2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by shane10x@Mar 7 2008, 11:25 AM
I am useing GSAK and have managed to download LOC to it Now i need to get them to my pda so i can read them do i need some sort of sofware on the PDA to allow me to view the cache i use memory maps. ???
sorry for the late post - I only just noticed it.

I use MM v5 myself; provided that you've imported the LOC files to MM on your PC, then connect your PDA to your PC, and click "Mobile Device -> Export data to device"; this should transfer all the cache data including icons, to your PDA. I don't personally use GSAK myself, so maybe the other posts above willb e of more help in that aspect.

Hope this helps :)

keehotee
24th April 2008, 07:25 PM
Unfortunately a LOC file won't contain much, if any, info that'll be of any use if you're paperless caching - for that you'll need a GPX file, which you can only get (either as an individual download or a PQ) as a premium member.

You then have a number of choices.
You can drag the GPX to your pda and open it with BeeLine or CacheMate
or
You can export from GSAK as HTML, then drag that across to your pda and open it in IE.

If you're already using Memory map to view cache locations, when you use GSAK and export for Memory Map, type this "%hint" in the waypoint comment box, and you'll get the hints in the properties box for each cache in Memory Map.

It's also worth remembering that even GPX's don't contain images - so you'll need yet more software ( Spoilersync) to download each cache's images to your pc and then drag these across to your pda too.