PDA

View Full Version : Oh no ,a step too far !

t.a.folk
4th June 2008, 06:16 PM
Any else ever put a pedometer through a complete washing machine cycle ?
I did this morning and it looked like peddy was a right off .:(
but an afternoon in the airing cupboard and a new battery and it's working again.:)

Al & Tracy Smith
4th June 2008, 06:38 PM
No – but I was walking along the beach and paddling in the sea when I decided it was such a nice day to go deeper, forgetting that my phone was in my pocket. Once my leg started getting rather warm I suddenly remembered :eek:. Tried drying the phone out over night but it was deceased :( – so mobiles are not as robust as pedometers then – LOL.

Bill D (wwh)
4th June 2008, 08:05 PM
so mobiles are not as robust as pedometers then

Well, I don't know - a friend of mine once managed to drop his mobile down the loo in a public toilet, and he fished it out but it never worked again! I don't know whether he fished it out before or after using the loo... :ohmy:

On the other hand, another friend used to live on a canal boat, and he quite often lost his mobile over the side, but it just carried on working every time when he got it out. I suppose it depends on the particular make or model.

gazooks
5th June 2008, 01:53 PM
Went caching over some heathland in North Norfolk and managed to drop my mobile phone somewhere... it was my company mobile as well. Spent 2 hours backtracking my movements, which as we all know looks like a demented bee :D.
Normally I put my phone in my backpack but on this occasion (dont know why) I put it in my fleece pocket Duh!

I then spent another hour driving the local villages looking for a public phone to ring the wife to warn her that I was phoneless.

I got a right telling off back at work as I tried to explain how and where I lost it.

I now take and old mobile with me now - lesson learnt.

markandlynn
6th June 2008, 01:00 PM
I did an audit at epson the printer people once. One of their tests and that for other elctronics is to submerge under water while off.

Remove allow to dry and they should work.

The key here is to make sure the power is off when wet or as soon as possible after they get soaked as the circuit boards are usually coated with conformal coating which protects them for a short !! period of time.

Bear and Ragged
6th June 2008, 04:46 PM
Any else ever put a pedometer through a complete washing machine cycle ?
I did this morning and it looked like peddy was a right off .:(
but an afternoon in the airing cupboard and a new battery and it's working again.:)

So how far did it travel, whilst in the machine? :wacko: :D

t.a.folk
6th June 2008, 08:09 PM
So how far did it travel, whilst in the machine? :wacko: :D

It was too dizzy to say .
:)

paul.blitz
13th June 2008, 04:50 PM
Well, I don't know - a friend of mine once managed to drop his mobile down the loo in a public toilet, and he fished it out but it never worked again! I don't know whether he fished it out before or after using the loo... :ohmy:

It amazes me how many people have DONE that! (yes, me too: in my case, it was before ANY use, but the 5 seconds in the water still killed the - Nokia - phone!)

Paul B

Tiger-Eyes
23rd June 2008, 03:12 PM
I've not put a mobile through the washing mashine YET but I have a cordless house phone that I put on the car roof so I could hear it whilst gardening, then needed to nip out I drove off with the phone still on the roof:confused:. Someone picked it up and took it home hoping that I would ring it :eek:, Luckily a friend of mine new the person and saw the phone so I got it back.

If you ever find a cordless home phone IT WON'T RING :rolleyes: