PDA

View Full Version : Showing unactivated coins

dannable
24th June 2008, 01:24 PM
I'm thinking of taking some of my trading coins along to a local meeting. The thing that crosses my mind is that as they are unactivated someone could note the coin number and activate it themselves and I would be none the wiser. The only time it would be discovered is if someone who traded for it tried to activate it.

How do other cachers / coin collectors / magpies deal with this?

Toodle pip!

dannable

gazooks
24th June 2008, 01:38 PM
I thought most required a password as well as the number ? :confused: to activate.

dannable
24th June 2008, 02:01 PM
You can (normally) get the activation codes online if you know who made the coin.

Bill D (wwh)
24th June 2008, 02:15 PM
dannable wrote: You can (normally) get the activation codes online if you know who made the coin.

Hmm, if that's correct (and I'm not suggesting it isn't) then that seems to me to be a rather serious flaw in the system.

studlyone
26th June 2008, 04:15 PM
You can (normally) get the activation codes online if you know who made the coin.Most activation code retreival sites (inlcuding my own) will only let you retrieve the code once.

So just retrieve the code yourself - writting it down and securing it is a safe place for future reference. That way no-one can activate the coin.

If you decide to sell or swap the coin at a later date you can include the activation code that you retreived earlier.

Ian:beer:

dannable
27th June 2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks Ian, I had a feeling you'd know!

studlyone
27th June 2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks Ian, I had a feeling you'd know!
No problem.
Ian