PDA

View Full Version : Memory maps of spain

markandlynn
9th July 2008, 11:01 AM
Are there any memory maps for spain ?

Holiday next year, climbing and caching in the sunshine.

Happy Humphrey
9th July 2008, 11:58 AM
I have some for southern Spain: any use?

markandlynn
10th July 2008, 12:01 PM
We are going to COsta Blanca

http://new.rockfax.com/areas/area.php?id=1012

So South west ish ......?

Happy Humphrey
10th July 2008, 03:03 PM
South-east, I think. I'll send you what I have: not the best maps but should be OK for plotting caches.

Happy Humphrey
10th July 2008, 07:04 PM
Check your e-mail! :)

markandlynn
11th July 2008, 01:46 PM
Cheers andy !

just noticed dumb east west mistake !

uktim
11th July 2008, 02:32 PM
Are there any memory maps for spain ?

Holiday next year, climbing and caching in the sunshine.

We're off to the El Chorro area in October and I've not had any luck with MM maps yet :confused:

Shout out if you have any luck!

The Boat People
8th September 2008, 06:33 PM
We're off to the El Chorro area in October and I've not had any luck with MM maps yet :confused:

Shout out if you have any luck!

We do Southern Spain (Malaga area) each winter and todate haven't been able to find any suitable mapping, so have to use Pocket Streets (Microsoft Autoroute for our PDA) which gets us by but not very good for off road. Considering that many of the caches are on of road cart tracks, its sometimes difficult to find the start of the track. Local Townhalls (Ayuntamiento) sometimes produce walk leaflets which show routes (Rutas) around these tracks and we have found these to be useful.
Watch just where you go as there are Gypsies living in these areas and regard English tourists as easy rich pickings. Take a mobile phone and tell someone where you plan to go. We have seen them and quickly doubled back.
Don't be put off by this but just be careful