PDA

View Full Version : Leet Key shortcuts?

Bill D (wwh)
2nd September 2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks to a post by Bear and Ragged in another thread I've now discovered Leet Key (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/770) which is a Firefox add-on that decrypts rot13 hints without having to click on the link and wait for the page to reload.

But LK does a lot of other things as well... To decrypt a hint you highlight the text of the hint, then rightclick, and you have to go through three menus to get the decrypt. Ok, that's no big deal, but it's supposed to be possible to set up keyboard shortcuts to go directly to things like a rot13 decrypt.

But I can't get that to work. The text entry box for a shortcut in the Settings dialog box seems to have a mind of its own, and alters what I enter. Can anyone explain how to set up a shortcut?

At the moment the context menu is telling me I've set up F3 as a shortcut to decrypt rot13, but the box in the Settings says control shift VK_L :dunno:

If I try to alter it, it changes to VK_BACK_SPACE and I'm unable to remove that. The only way out of that is to close the Settings dialog, then when I open it again it's gone back to showing control shift VK_L :dunno:

Bear and Ragged
7th September 2008, 12:41 PM
I use the Leet Key on a Mac, so it's all done on the click of the mouse. :D

I suspect that any short cut needs to be set up with the "Ctrl Shift" as the basis of the short cut. ie you need to set it as Ctrl-Shift-F3*, rather than just F3.

But then what do I know of PC's and the way they work (or not!)? :dunno:

:)

*Having to press three keys, in my book, is no short cut! :wacko:

Edgemaster
8th September 2008, 05:09 PM
I want Ctrl Alt 1 for my rot13, so
I open up the dialogue
Select ROT13 from the dropdown
Click in the textbox
Push Ctrl Alt and 1
It updates
Hit the apply button.
Test grfgvat yrrgxrl?

Bill D (wwh)
8th September 2008, 06:13 PM
Folks, thanks for the suggestions, but it still isn't working for me for some reason. :dunno:

If I follow Edgemaster's instructions I see Alt+Ctrl+VK_1 in the box, and choose Apply, but highlighting and using those keys doesn't do anything. I've tried other key combinations too, with and without Ctrl, with no success. I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.16 in Win XP Pro.

Bill D (wwh)
8th September 2008, 06:21 PM
Ah, that's interesting.... The shortcut for "Type in Leet" was showing as "Control Shift VK_L", and that was working... I then clicked in the box and pressed those keys, and it changed to "Ctrl+Shift+VK_L" and now it no longer works... I don't know if that sheds any light on things?