PDA

View Full Version : F.A.T Norn Iron L.A.D Geocoin

Watford Wobble
24th September 2008, 02:28 PM
Received my two coins this morning (thanks Kathy). What fantastic design. It would be interesting to learn more about how the designs came about.

Bought two so may keep one and release the other. I'd be well annoyed if it went missing though.

OK, back to work.:)

studlyone
24th September 2008, 07:03 PM
(Kathy says you are welcome):)

The coin was created by Donmoore. I replied to a post of his over on the gc.com forums asking for someone to help him put a design together. Over a couple of days we thrashed the design out - Donny providing the inspiration and me doing the graphic work.

Once Donny was happy he took the design to Landsharkz who tweaked it and the rest is history.

The front of the coin features some famous things from NI's history such as the Giants Causeway, the H&W cranes and the Titanic which was built in belfast.

The back of the coin features FATLAD (Fermanagh, Antrim, Tyrone, Londonderry, Armagh and Derry) which are the six counties that make up Northern Ireland and of course a shamrock.

The coins do look great and certainly exceeded my expectations. I've got one of each in my collection.

Ian :beer:

Watford Wobble
25th September 2008, 09:31 AM
Great service you provide. Thinking now I should get the silver coin as well. And just been paid today. Errrrrmmmm.

studlyone
25th September 2008, 04:32 PM
Great service you provide. Thinking now I should get the silver coin as well. And just been paid today. Errrrrmmmm.LOL sounding like a true geocoin addict - you can never have enough coins (and icons) ;)
I just enjoy designing geocoins - I have been working with the East Anglia Cachers forum on their design.