PDA

View Full Version : Caching in Paris.

Watford Wobble
30th September 2008, 05:23 PM
Dear all,

I'm off to Paris next week on business. Hopefully rattle through the presentation early and clear off to do something more important hence my question.

I have a Garmin E-trex but do I need do anything settings wise? I know you have to re-set if more than 600 miles from home but do I need alter the GPS setting for that WAS84 thing? (wrong numbers quoted but you know what I mean).

Out of interest when do you alter the WAS84 (wrong numbers again)? I'm starting to sound like my dad :ohmy:

martybartfast
30th September 2008, 06:09 PM
Dear all,

I'm off to Paris next week on business. Hopefully rattle through the presentation early and clear off to do something more important hence my question.

I have a Garmin E-trex but do I need do anything settings wise? I know you have to re-set if more than 600 miles from home but do I need alter the GPS setting for that WAS84 thing? (wrong numbers quoted but you know what I mean).

Out of interest when do you alter the WAS84 (wrong numbers again)? I'm starting to sound like my dad :ohmy:

You never change the WGS84 setting for Geocaching. The point about choosing WGS84 is that this is used across the world as the datum for Geocachers so that nothing needs to be changed when crossing continents.

Watford Wobble
1st October 2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks martybartfast, WGS84 that's the fella I was thinking of.

Wife won't be too happy when she finds out I can cache around the world though.

Roll next week and Paris. :)

Bear and Ragged
2nd October 2008, 08:53 PM
Wife won't be too happy when she finds out I can cache around the world though.

Why not?
London, Paris, New York, Milan...