PDA

View Full Version : Which Forum Skin?

studlyone
5th October 2008, 04:24 PM
I have been trying to improve the functionality and features of the GAGB forum and realise that there are some people still using the old forum style template (blue theme) as opposed to the new one (green theme). I was wondering what the breakdown of users to each theme was so I'd appreciate it if you could take a moment to vote for which one you regularly use.

For those that don't know the New green style has only been around for around a month now and you can swap back and forth between the new and old theme using the 'Quick Style Chooser' at the bottom left portion of the web page.

So which do you use - the New or the Old theme?

martybartfast
5th October 2008, 07:43 PM
I didn't know there was an option, now I do I prefer the blue so have just switched :p

Alan White
5th October 2008, 08:19 PM
I use the blue. I'd need to wear sunglasses to use the green :D.

Just Roger
5th October 2008, 08:39 PM
I use the green; not because I particularly like green but it does help to avoid confusion as to which forum I'm in. Green - here. Blue - over there.

studlyone
5th October 2008, 09:57 PM
In an effort to appease those who don't like the green template. I have spent some time merging the new and the old to give them a third option.

There is a new template available called 'New Blue' It features the sites header and navigation system above the forum which is in its old Blue Colours. I think it offers the best of both worlds.

Ian
:coffee:

I will continue to support both the New Theme and the New Blue Theme but the old template is just - well ..... old. :dunno:

chrisb012
6th October 2008, 08:49 AM
Prefer the Green. My scuba forum is blue, this being green means I know where I am (though if I start spouting off about getting bent at 30 metres, hit me!). ;)

studlyone
6th October 2008, 08:53 AM
Prefer the Green. My scuba forum is blue, this being green means I know where I am (though if I start spouting off about getting bent at 30 metres, hit me!). ;)LOL thats the only place you're allowed to get bent round here. I'm a diver myself and dive with my son. Apologies for the gratuitous geocaching diving pic, but I was really proud of him doing a 5* geocache on his qualification dive ;)
:coffee:

Alan White
6th October 2008, 11:03 AM
Apologies for the gratuitous geocaching diving pic
You might have shown the coords :D. Actually, we've done that cache ;).

studlyone
6th October 2008, 11:28 AM
You might have shown the coords :D. Actually, we've done that cache ;).Made sure that you can't read them ;).
I think I remember reading that the plaque has been muggled. Might have to check out the cache page again to check.

Edgemaster
6th October 2008, 06:41 PM
I believe it has, according to what MrsB was saying a few weeks ago.

Had the coords for about a year now, just need to go the 15miles to the cache...

molfrew-mosstoad
6th October 2008, 07:38 PM
Me I like the green its almost the same shade as my avatar :D....

But I am colourblind :wacko::eek:

Dave Gerrie
7th October 2008, 09:23 PM
old blue for me - its much more discrete when I'm reading the forums at work in our open plan office!

Stuey
16th October 2008, 08:01 PM
Need a new option... don't care or can't remember:dunno:

studlyone
16th October 2008, 09:47 PM
Need a new option... don't care or can't remember:dunno:Didn't put that down as an option as I just wanted usefull answers. To see if its worth keeping the old skin on here or just getiing rid of it. Seeing as a 1/3rd of people here are still using it I guess it stays.

t.a.folk
29th March 2009, 10:15 AM
We're still using the blue .
Thanks for keeping it as an option .

Bill D (wwh)
29th March 2009, 01:50 PM
I'd forgotten about this poll until it got bumped up. I voted back in October, but didn't post at the time. I far prefer the new green skin - I visit a lot of caching forums, and this one looks quite different to all the others I go to. I like to know when I'm at home, lol...! :)