PDA

View Full Version : Leicestershire County Council.

seacarrot
12th October 2008, 08:38 PM
Hello there, has anybody tried contacting Leicestershire County Council about placing a Geo Cache on property partly managed by them...?

The place i am interested in is a lovley water-park, nature reserve type place.

However it might be a bit of a mare as it states on its website

" Leicestershire County Council, Leicester City Council and Charnwood Borough Council manage the Park in a partnership. "

Any help on who i should try first..???

There is also a friends of watermead park as well.

So possibly 4 lots of permission required then...!:blink:

Anybody have any contacts in those organisations..??

The Wombles
12th October 2008, 09:06 PM
I'm not aware of anyone who has tried Leicestershire so far. Since you're looking for permisison for a single location, I'd suggest identifying the senior Ranger for the park and make contact direct.

Find out a little more about the park - does it have an SSSI associated with the Nature Reserve, for example? Identify potential cache locations and the sort of cache you would place. Try to meet on location and show the Ranger how geocaching works - most people can see the appeal when they try it, and Rangers can usually see the benefit of more visitors and marketing through the cahce page.

Good luck.

Bill D (wwh)
12th October 2008, 09:36 PM
No, I'm not aware of any contact with Leicestershire CC either.

I agree with what Dave's said above - try to find the senior Ranger and sell the idea to him. Loads more environmentally aware visitors for them, many with children who'll come back as adults, and so on...! :)

seacarrot
13th October 2008, 07:14 PM
Well so far i have a name and a e-mail address he apparently reads so now i'm scouting around for a basic introduction letter i can adapt as an opening contact.

A while ago i came across something on google where it showed Kent County Council actually advertised it's Geo caches on its tourism area of its website.

I want to find more stuff like that to use to help put forward my case.

Thanks for your input guys....I will keep you posted. :)

Bill D (wwh)
13th October 2008, 07:51 PM
Well so far i have a name and a e-mail address he apparently reads so now i'm scouting around for a basic introduction letter i can adapt as an opening contact.

Perhaps you might find this useful:

https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=852

seacarrot
13th October 2008, 07:58 PM
Cheers for that... i'm currently doctoring a version as i write.. :D

I'm not sure i will leave in the bit about being a member of GAGB... do you think it sounds too much like being a managing director of a firm...??

The Wombles
13th October 2008, 08:31 PM
A while ago i came across something on google where it showed Kent County Council actually advertised it's Geo caches on its tourism area of its website.

I want to find more stuff like that to use to help put forward my case.

Here's the full list on GLAD https://www.gagb.org.uk/land-agreements.php

seacarrot
13th October 2008, 08:37 PM
Wow... Thank You, this e-mail is going to be massive if i'm not careful. :ohmy:

:)