PDA

View Full Version : Guide Required

Admin
17th September 2003, 04:02 PM
On our website, at the bottom of this page (https://www.gagb.org.uk/what-is-geocaching.php) the GAGB offers to find cachers to assist those interested in starting caching to find their first cache.

We have had a request from Richard as follows :

I live in Carlin How in North Yorkshire and am interested in local areas that otherwise I would not find.

Have you a member that lives locally that could "show me the ropes" rather than me spending money on a unit that I may only use once or twice.

In the interests of safety, contact details/phone number etc of Richard and the cacher offering help will be passed via admin to each party.

So, Who's gonna offer to help and show how good we are ?

TheCat
17th September 2003, 10:36 PM
I am willing to help as I am off work for a few weeks.

Omally
19th September 2003, 02:01 AM
I'd offer, but I'm a Southern Softie through and through!

Any GeoMuggles that would like to meet up down South though, I'm more than willing to offer my services. That gives me an idea for a post in the "Help" Forum! :D

Admin
19th September 2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks Mark and Omally.

I have sent emails to the Guy asking for a guide and Mark. I will forward those details to each party so you can make contact with each other to make arrangements.

Remember that safety and security is down to each party to arrange as they see fit and no responsibility can be accepted by the GAGB.

Please let us know here how it goes.

TheCat
21st September 2003, 11:22 AM
Just to let you know I am meeting Richard on Wednesday 24th at 10:30 for a days caceing. I will let you know how it goes.

Tim and June
22nd September 2003, 11:15 AM
Brilliant stuff Mark.

This is the FIRST time the GAGB's "guide" offer has been taken up.

We look forward to hearing how it went. I'm sure if anyone can make a good show of it, "you da man". :D

TheCat
23rd September 2003, 05:48 PM
Just a quick update My caching trip with Richard will now be taking place on Saturday.

TheCat
27th September 2003, 09:51 PM
Well myself and Richard had a very busy day and managed to visit 7 Cache Sites. Out of those we only had one not found. It was a good day and I feel we have a new recruit to our ranks. If anyone else in this area wants a guide then I am up for it.

TheCat