PDA

View Full Version : Site Links

Chris n Maria
6th June 2003, 11:25 PM
The Aim:
maintaining a page of links to websites containing information on environmental, legal and other topics of interest to cachers.

come on people lets have some links that will be usefull to GB cachers...

el10t
7th June 2003, 12:40 AM
Post useful links here and they will be added.

Team Hydro
7th June 2003, 01:12 AM
This could be a very useful site. http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/

DerekReed
7th June 2003, 01:55 AM
Public Rights of Way in England and Wales (http://naturenet.net/row/index.html)
Pinched from a MossTrooper post elsewhere... B)

Moss Trooper
7th June 2003, 01:58 AM
Yer rotter .. I was gona say that :)

DerekReed
7th June 2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Moss Trooper@Jun 7 2003, 12:58 AM
Yer rotter .. I was gona say that :)
Sorry. :D

marinor
7th June 2003, 06:15 AM
http://www.magic.gov.uk/website/magic/

this is one site I have found very useful when planning cache hunts.

The Wombles
8th June 2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by marinor@Jun 7 2003, 05:15 AM
http://www.magic.gov.uk/website/magic/

this is one site I have found very useful when planning cache hunts.

Agreed, we've already got this one on the "Links" page under the title "Multi-Agency Geographic Information for the Countryside". However, the reason I included it was for location definitions of World Heritage, SSSIs etc when hiding planting a cache.

You mentioned you use it for planning cache hunts, I'm interested which functions you use and how? The capability is amazing, I'm sure I'm only using a fraction of it.

marinor
9th June 2003, 12:45 AM
I used to magnify the area of the cache and screen grab the map for my ipaq, but now I have fugawiUK for this. I put the link for newbies like us rather than old timers like you :D due to the fact you all know these places :D
It is handy for the overlays and filters you can use, especially the user defined ones.

DerekReed
10th June 2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Chris n Maria@Jun 6 2003, 10:25 PM
The Aim:
maintaining a page of links to websites containing information on environmental, legal and other topics of interest to cachers.

come on people lets have some links that will be usefull to GB cachers...
Would it be possible for the links page to open <external site links> to a new window, as otherwise GAGB could be losts in the links of time. :rolleyes:

When they&#39;ve finished with that window, GAGB will still be visible.

Just my £0.02p

el10t
10th June 2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by DerekReed@Jun 10 2003, 02:07 PM
Would it be possible for the links page to open <external site links> to a new window, as otherwise GAGB could be losts in the links of time.
No problem. I&#39;m updating the links page tonight and this approach makes sense to me (for external links only).

DerekReed
10th June 2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by el10t+Jun 10 2003, 02:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (el10t @ Jun 10 2003, 02:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--DerekReed@Jun 10 2003, 02:07 PM
Would it be possible for the links page to open <external site links> to a new window, as otherwise GAGB could be losts in the links of time.
No problem. I&#39;m updating the links page tonight and this approach makes sense to me (for external links only).[/b][/quote]
Thanks, Rich.

I know *I&#39;d* do it that way. :D :lol: B)

DerekReed
10th June 2003, 06:01 PM
Rich,

One more thing. ;) (As well as not being able to look at profiles, and stuff like that...)

The GAGB Calendar (https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/index.php?act=calendar) ....

How does one get to post new events? Is this a &#39;post direct to Admin&#39; type of thing?

Admin
10th June 2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by DerekReed@Jun 10 2003, 05:01 PM
Rich,

How does one get to post new events? Is this a &#39;post direct to Admin&#39; type of thing?
Yes, I&#39;m sorry to say that adding events to the calendar has been restricted to moderators only.

The reason for that is to prevent abuse as happened to the G:UK calendar soon after it was launched.

If you or anybody else has an event they want added, just email the details to admin@gagb.org.uk

As far as we are aware, the calendar is currently up to date with events.

DerekReed
10th June 2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Admin@Jun 10 2003, 05:37 PM

Yes, I&#39;m sorry to say that adding events to the calendar has been restricted to moderators only.

The reason for that is to prevent abuse as happened to the G:UK calendar soon after it was launched.

Thanks for the info.

Some people will trash anything, so I can understand your concerns. <_<

Jeremy P
10th June 2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Admin@Jun 10 2003, 05:37 PM

Was the GCUK calendar abused - surely not, how despicable. :huh:

I bet whoever did it had had one too many lagers. :)