PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Nuvi 765t

Gwendolyn
14th December 2008, 06:37 PM
Purchased one of these recently and have found that after about 80 to 90 minutes, on vehicle power, it shuts down and I have to wait for 15 minutes before it will can be restarted. Took the original one back and received an exchange unit - does exactly the same thing.:wub:

Not really a reliable unit. But when it works it is very impressive

Wonder if anyone else has had experience of this problem ?

welsh_gal_q8
15th December 2008, 12:27 PM
Hi

I have the 760t, I assume its the same......... Have you given it a full charge since you have had it? I had to take mine back after it locked up and decided to delete all the maps installed. Great customer service though. New one no questions asked :)

welsh_gal_q8

Gwendolyn
16th December 2008, 08:26 AM
Hi Welsh Gal

Many thanks.

Yes it did have a full charge, both units did. Have done a hard-reset and installed the latest software update as Garmin suggested in the email this morning.

When you drive along the screen suddenly becomes blank, and then after between 80 and 90 minutes the screen goes blank and it totally locks for about 15 minutes.

It it continues will go and exchange it for the 550 as this is a dual purpose unit and it takes (expensive) OS Maps

Thanks

welsh_gal_q8
16th December 2008, 11:57 AM
Do you think maybe that lane assist feature and sd building thing is causing it to crash? That seems to be the only major difference between the models. Nuvi's are pretty prone to problems from what I have been reading on the internet!

My father in law also had to have his 760 changed as the bluetooth kept locking up. Also great customers service, can't fault them on that.

Gwendolyn
19th December 2008, 02:42 PM
Turned off 3D Buildings, Bluetooth etc and ran the unit for 16 hours from the radio shack 12v supply at home. Included a simulated navigation route etc. No problems.

Drove to work using the units internal battery with no shut downs but returning home after 5 minutes it decided to shut down.

Took it back this morning and exchanged for the Nuvi 860T. Hopefully will encounter no further problems.

I do like the 765, think it is superb but will wait a couple of months before obtaining another one

:applause:As you say cannot fault Garmin Customer Service - simply superb.:applause::socool: