PDA

View Full Version : Had enough !

Tim and June
2nd October 2003, 11:04 PM
June is unwell at the moment and frankly, I have more important things to worry about than waste many many hours trying to improve things for caching particularly when there are such a number of ingrates.

There comes a time to say, "I'm pulling up stumps, somebody else can take over".

As Chair, I am pulling the plug on the elections, and someone else can put up with all the flack and start it all over again.

There is no turning back on this decision, it is time to just live for ourselves, and enjoy caching.

Tim and June
5th October 2003, 08:39 AM
Apologies.

Firstly, I need to apologise to the many cachers who, because of my comment about June being unwell, have become unduly concerned. We have received many emails of good wishes for her. Thank you, you will all receive a reply, but it might take a while.

When I made that remark, the thoughts in my mind were simply that as she was in bed, and I wouldn't want to disturb her anyway, I was dealing with this in her absence. There are also other events happening in our life which need our attention. :(

To put people's minds at rest, June is only suffering from the flu, true that for her this is a little more severe because she also suffers from bronchial problems which are greatly inflamed by flu. She also suffers from arthritis which is aggrivated by things like flu and at the moment she is having difficulty with the stairs. She is well on the way to recovery though, and she will be back on top in a week or so. :D

I never did pull the plug on the elections, the GAGB means too much to us to allow it to collapse, that comment was a knee-jerk reaction and out of order. My apologies again.

The decision to resign however, was not knee-jerk. June and I have discussed this at length and we both agreed that once the GAGB was established, up and running and had a constitution etc, we would gracefully step down anyway. Of course, you can bet we would have still been very active wherever possible 'cos that's just the way we are. :rolleyes:

Recent events simply pushed this to the front and forced the issue.

Icenians
5th October 2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Tim and June@Oct 2 2003, 10:04 PM
"I'm pulling up stumps, somebody else can take over".

What, again! ;)

el10t
6th October 2003, 12:01 AM
Your signature line is certainly at odds with your posting, Icenians.

Icenians
6th October 2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by el10t@Oct 5 2003, 11:01 PM
Your signature line is certainly at odds with your posting, Icenians.
Your right. Sorry. I'll remove the signature line then. ;)

Tim and June
6th October 2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Icenians@Oct 6 2003, 09:49 AM
Your right. Sorry. I'll remove the signature line then. ;)
That does rather confirm what I and others have suspected, It is personal then. :rolleyes:

Take care and happy caching (to everybody else).
Tim & June

Icenians
6th October 2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Tim and June+Oct 6 2003, 01:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tim and June @ Oct 6 2003, 01:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Icenians@Oct 6 2003, 09:49 AM
Your right. Sorry. I&#39;ll remove the signature line then. ;)
That does rather confirm what I and others have suspected, It is personal then. :rolleyes:

Take care and happy caching (to everybody else).
Tim & June [/b][/quote]
Sorry but if you want sympathy from me your barking up the wrong tree. Just how many times is it you&#39;ve quit now? I lost count.

I definatly didn&#39;t cause this one.

el10t
6th October 2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Icenians@Oct 6 2003, 08:14 PM

Sorry but if you want sympathy from me your barking up the wrong tree. Just how many times is it you&#39;ve quit now? I lost count.

I definatly didn&#39;t cause this one.
Oh come on, grow up.

I am sure T&J are not asking for sympathy from you, and nobody said you caused this one.

The Wombles
6th October 2003, 09:24 PM
Can we now restore a sense of calm please?

el10t
6th October 2003, 10:15 PM
Sure. Sorry.