PDA

View Full Version : Why does my browser load the wrong website?

dodgydaved
27th January 2009, 01:35 PM
Periodically, but frequently, when I click on my bookmark for GAGB forums the browser appears to start to load GAGB - but then suddenly starts loading the Mozilla home page, whic opens.

I have tried clearing private data when this happens - but to no avail. All I can do is close down and re-boot.

It appears, for the time being at least, to only occur with the GAGB forums. Once it happens I can never open the forums. I can go to GAGB, say the home page or the landowner database no problem, but when I then click on the forums link.............Mozillaa:mad::mad::mad::mad:

So I switch to IE and gues what happens when I load the GAGB forum.............MOZILLLAAAAAA:mad::mad::mad::mad ::mad::mad:

And if I go to another machine on our home network ----Well you have probably guessed it:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Yet reboot and OK til the next time.

Any ideas:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used::confused:

sandvika
27th January 2009, 02:52 PM
This is the kind of thing you have to see to believe! The other day Heffalump007 tried repeatedly to log a Terracache and each time he submitted his log, his browser went to Google. He came over to see us and whilst here he tried again and of course it worked as expected. Bemusement all round. I have a problem with Mozilla that it never remembers my browsing history between sessions, even though it is configured to. EEk!

Bill D (wwh)
27th January 2009, 03:07 PM
This probably isn't the problem, but are you using the .co.uk address?

https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/

Bill D (wwh)
27th January 2009, 03:08 PM
sandvika wrote:
I have a problem with Mozilla that it never remembers my browsing history between sessions, even though it is configured to.
I have that same problem - it used to, then it decided not to any longer... :mad:

dodgydaved
27th January 2009, 03:36 PM
This probably isn't the problem, but are you using the .co.uk address?

https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/

I am now, let's see if that makes a difference, ta Bill!