PDA

View Full Version : Don't feed me...

Mrs Blorenge
12th February 2009, 08:30 PM
I was watching 'Dine With Me' this week and saw some poor bloke prepare mushroom soup for his guests, none of whom liked mushrooms. Unfortunately his main course was a pork dish (also with some mushrooms in the sauce) and one of the guests really disliked pork. :(

This got me thinking: You often see people state what they'd like for their ideal celebration meal, or their last meal on earth, but what would be the most disappointing meal that anyone could serve up for you?

I don't want just random comments like "I hate fish" or whatever - Please suggest 3 or 4 courses that wouldn't tickle your tastebuds.

I like most food, so I found this quite difficult, but I wouldn't be delighted to have

Devilled kidneys

Raw oysters (not that I've ever tried them, they just don't appeal)

Madras curry

Gooseberry crumble.

nobbynobbs
12th February 2009, 09:10 PM
Well, discounting the obvious " anything that the little dears I work with made themselves!"

I suppose it would be:

Salmon mousse (who wants death to visit the dinner party)

Quiche

Tongue OR tripe!

Anything with Banana

but then I'm a fussy sod :ohmy:

gazooks
12th February 2009, 09:23 PM
I agree with the Oysters and tongue or tripe and

jellied eels

anything with aubergines

pigs trotters

red or green peppers

:popcorn:

keehotee
13th February 2009, 09:45 AM
I'm sorry to say I would happily eat anything that's been written above.
In fact, I can't honestly think of many things I either haven't - or wouldn't - eat. Or eat again.

The Cache Hoppers
13th February 2009, 10:11 AM
Prawn cocktail - i don't eat seafood of any description but the pink dressing on that looks sooooo revolting :(

Cheese and haddock bake - nothing with cheese on for me please - I know it's odd, and it means that lots of normal stuff is off the menu - ploughman's, cheese on toast, pizza, oooh I am feeling queasy now - just don't mention parmesan :eek:

Tiramisu - I like most puddings but would turn down anything with a coffee flavour to it although I don't mind coffee as a drink :coffee:

I'm way too fussy - but at least I eat curry now which up until a few months ago I didn't! :D

Fianccetto
13th February 2009, 10:00 PM
baked beans

Anything with lumps of offal or animal fat

Anything from a pig (apart from crispy bacon).

Pumpkin pie (the sweet version)

I could go on and on!

DrDick&Vick
14th February 2009, 05:31 PM
Oysters
Donna Khebab
Tripe
Any pudding that tastes of coffee

Apart from that anything goes

Bill D (wwh)
14th February 2009, 11:38 PM
Well, I must have rather insensitive taste buds, because I can't think of any food that I hate...

I'm not keen on rice, but I'll eat it, and the same goes for tuna. The only things I can think of that I really wouldn't want to eat aren't likely to be served up at a dinner party in the UK - exotic stuff like sheep's eyes and so on. Yuk...!

gazooks
16th February 2009, 08:36 AM
Just thought of another..

squid :wacko:

garfiethecat
16th February 2009, 08:50 AM
fish
bananas
liver
tripe

Mrs Blorenge
16th February 2009, 05:56 PM
fish
bananas
liver
tripe

And there was me thinking that your average cat would have enjoyed all the above :blink:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/77/207229042_a8b869967e.jpg?v=0

*mouse*
9th March 2009, 08:38 AM
Please don't feed me

Liver and Onions
Banoffee pie (or anything else with bananas in - they are evil, evil, evil!!)
Peanut butter sandwiches
Marmite on toast

Bill D (wwh)
9th March 2009, 10:09 AM
Please don't feed me

Liver and Onions
Banoffee pie (or anything else with bananas in - they are evil, evil, evil!!)
Peanut butter sandwiches
Marmite on toast
Ah, marmite, love it or hate it, ennit! Me, I love it... :)

And several people have said they hate liver - you can pile my plate high with it and I'll gobble down the lot... But then I do have vitamin B12 deficiency... :eek: