PDA

View Full Version : My Garmin eTrex H is in Russian!!!

pastorev
14th February 2009, 07:37 AM
Good morning everyone!

This morning is Valentine's Day and my lovely wife has bought me a wonderful Garmin eTrex H GPS unit. The box is labelled as Worldwide and is predominantly written in english, but the trouble is when the GPS unit powers on it's all in Russian on the screen.

Now, I'm good at some things, but Russian isn't one of them.

Anyone have a clue whether I can change the language or if we need to send it back?

I've checked the pdf manual and there's nothing in there about language selection that I can see. I've tried systematically going through the russian on screen menus but none of them give me a list of languages that can recognise.

If anyone has any advice at all I'd be most grateful!

Thanks!

pastorev
14th February 2009, 08:53 AM
It's ok ... I've sorted it.

It was indeed all in russian, but liberal use of an online english to russian translator, and the correct page in the manual (where there were indeed instructions about the language setup!), and I managed to navigate succesfully to the english language option!

Right then ... off geocaching I guess ... are there any in Moscow? ;)

martybartfast
14th February 2009, 10:02 AM
It's ok ... I've sorted it.

It was indeed all in russian, but liberal use of an online english to russian translator, and the correct page in the manual (where there were indeed instructions about the language setup!), and I managed to navigate succesfully to the english language option!

Right then ... off geocaching I guess ... are there any in Moscow? ;)

Well done :socool:, I often wonder how we ever managed before t' internet.

markandlynn
16th February 2009, 01:01 PM
There are a few languages where tinternet dont help.

Ask my friend* who's sat nav is now in mandarin :D:eek::ph34r:

*friend in the sense of someone who was friendly enough at work to show me his new sat nav.

Bear and Ragged
3rd March 2009, 09:12 PM
There are a few languages where tinternet dont help.

Ask my friend* who's sat nav is now in mandarin :D:eek::ph34r:

*friend in the sense of someone who was friendly enough at work to show me his new sat nav.

Do you mean *friend as in he shows you his sat nav, *friend enough that you set it to Mandarin?!! :lol: