PDA

View Full Version : Guide Required

Admin
15th October 2003, 04:15 PM
On our website, at the bottom of this page (https://www.gagb.org.uk/what-is-geocaching.php) the GAGB offers to find cachers to assist those interested in starting caching to find their first cache.

We have had a request from Roy mentioning the Stockport/S. Manchester areas as follows :

Am interested in taking up the hobby but would like to try it first
and get an idea of what GPS I might need

In the interests of safety, contact details/phone number etc of Roy and the cacher offering help will be passed via admin to each party.

Security/safety etc will be the responsibility of the parties involved.

So, Who's gonna offer to help and show how welcoming us cachers are ?

Please post a reply here.

dodgydaved
15th October 2003, 04:23 PM
Stockport/South Manchester, Hmmm!

Isn't there a Farewell To Summer event being held Saturday 24th October in Hyde, only a GPSr's throw (in frustration at the tree cover you understand) away from there...........

........perhaps they might like to go to that ;) ;) ;) ??????????

NattyBooshka
15th October 2003, 05:43 PM
And if they can't make the event, or are free this weeekend, we're local to there and so more than willing to help.

Ashandes
15th October 2003, 08:27 PM
Es and I are local as well so may be able to help if NattyBooshka don't scare them off by trying to get them to scale Kinder Scout or something ;)

It would be great if they could make the event though.

NattyBooshka
15th October 2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Ashandes@Oct 15 2003, 07:27 PM
Es and I are local as well so may be able to help if NattyBooshka don't scare them off by trying to get them to scale Kinder Scout or something ;)

It would be great if they could make the event though.
B) Would we????!!!!

Admin
16th October 2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the offers guys.

As NattyBooshka was first, I will go with him first and if suitable dates and times can't be made, we will fall back on Ashandes.

An email is on it's way to both Roy and NattyBooshka.

Thanks again.