PDA

View Full Version : How do you pronounce GSAK?

Bill D (wwh)
25th March 2009, 05:56 PM
Out of a serious discussion in the Members Only area, a more light hearted question has arisen - how do you pronounce GSAK?

Bill D (wwh)
25th March 2009, 06:00 PM
I've voted for Gee Ess Ay Kay. (You're not obliged to tell us how you voted).

Bear and Ragged
25th March 2009, 08:21 PM
Gee -sacK

JustAlan
26th March 2009, 08:02 PM
Gee-sack

t.a.folk
29th March 2009, 10:08 AM
gee sack got our vote

paulbarratt
15th May 2010, 02:30 PM
It's gee sack of course. I wasn't aware anyone pronounced it any other way but hey ho each to their own

DrDick&Vick
15th May 2010, 10:43 PM
Gee Sack, have it loaded but never use it.

Palujia
17th May 2010, 05:18 PM
Gee Sack
am currently trying to feel my way round it !! Being an extreme technophobe I am going to the "Chippy" event on Sunday in the hope that some one will give me some "hands on" advice on this and other vexing questions !
ho hum

palujia

Bear and Ragged
17th May 2010, 10:58 PM
Gee Sack
am currently trying to feel my way round it !! Being an extreme technophobe I am going to the "Chippy" event on Sunday in the hope that some one will give me some "hands on" advice on this and other vexing questions !
ho hum

palujia

Take it in small steps!
I'm still learning, but can get GSAK to do what I want it to -except make a cuppa! :ohmy:

The GSAK forums are very helpful, and Clyde, lignumaqua, Kai Team or one of the many others will soon help.

Ryuchan
18th May 2010, 12:29 AM
G-S-A-K

Or all we all logged on to GAG-Bee?
:confused:

Lime Candy
19th July 2010, 12:55 PM
Gee-Sack. What a brilliant tool it is too. And I love the stats it generates!

Cornell Finch
19th July 2010, 03:45 PM
G-S-A-K.

Somebody (I remember not who) picked me up for it on the podcast, suggesting it should be pronounced geesack.

I am sorry, but I am not American and when I see an acronym, generally it gets pronounced as the acronym is spelled.

I was recently talking to a colonial acquaintance who mentioned that a friend had gone in to hopsital for a minor operation and came out with mercer.

Took me ages to realise she meant MRSA!

sandvika
8th August 2010, 08:07 PM
G-S-A-K until I realised I was not speaking the same language as my local cachers who mostly say Gee-Sack. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Now I'll head out and proactively leverage the value proposition.

On second thoughts, perhaps I'll not join 'em and continue to insist on 'British English'.

The Bongtwashes
17th August 2010, 12:44 PM
Gee-Sack

Since when has it been British to spell out acronyms? My first job after graduating was on an Are-Ay-Dee-Ay-Are project, sometimes when I cook I may even use Bee-Eye-Ess-Tee-Oh for the gravy.

Dan1980
17th August 2010, 01:43 PM
I am sorry, but I am not American and when I see an acronym, generally it gets pronounced as the acronym is spelled.
It's got nothing to do with being American - an acronym is prounounced as a single word (look it up in the dictionary); an abbreviation is pronounced as its constituent letters.

So it all depends on whether GSAK is an acronym or an abbreviation. For me it's "gee-sak"; I've never heard anybody refer to it as anything else, so I've always called it that.