PDA

View Full Version : PDA Retail Outlets?

jsr-uk
21st June 2009, 08:38 PM
Can anyone help out please? I've been looking for a store where I can actually 'touch and feel' a selection of GPS enabled PDAs before making a choice?

They only seem to be available on web - or am I wrong?

BTW I live in South Wales

many thanks

John R

p.s. I'm particularly interested in a Mio P560 and I want Windows Mobile 5/6 so Blackberry and Palm devices wouldn't suit (I want to run Memory-Map)

Bill D (wwh)
21st June 2009, 08:59 PM
If you haven't already, you might also want to post this on the South Wales regional forums here (http://southwalesgeocachers.co.uk/forum/).

studlyone
22nd June 2009, 07:31 PM
I want to run Memory-MapGood advice from Bill, hopefully you can find someone local with one to show you.

Memory-Map is the way ahead, I use it on an Ipaq and its the mutts nuts.

Ian

Matrix
23rd June 2009, 10:39 AM
Argos sell the SatMap Active thingy :cheers:

jsr-uk
26th June 2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks all - I'm actually on the S Wales GCs but was hoping for a wider audience. Still can't see (apart from Sat-Map which I ruled out as too expensive) where I can see PDAs. I'll probably stick with my Oregon until a PDA opportunity comes up - but, like studlyone, I wanted to explore the MM option on a PDA. I already use MM on the PC/laptop but having the ability to transfer the OS maps would be a real advantage.

Haven't replied before as I've been away since last Monday.

regards

John R

Bear and Ragged
27th June 2009, 10:46 PM
Got a Staples store near you?

jsr-uk
2nd July 2009, 11:46 PM
Hi - Staples down the road but... they don't carry PDAs - probably not technical enough for them, they'd rather sell desks and chairs!!!

Thanks anyways

John R

keehotee
3rd July 2009, 10:31 PM
PC World do them.
And another vote for a proper pda and Memory Map rather than SatMap....

jsr-uk
10th July 2009, 10:26 PM
I'm sure I looked in our PC World but maybe I didn't (the brain-cell is definitely in need of service anyway). I'm now thinking of maybe a HTC Diamond Touch phone/camera/MP3/GPS combined (runs Windows Mobile 6).

Anybody any thoughts on that option?

John R