PDA

View Full Version : Committee update: Caches in the New Forest

The Committee
23rd November 2003, 07:02 PM
GAGB has held a meeting with the Forestry Commission Rangers in the New Forest. We had a very constructive meeting which resulted in the provisional agreement of principles to address the sensitive nature of the New Forest environment. These will now be drafted into guidelines and both parties were confident that agreement could be reached.

FC have returned all the caches which they have ever removed (complete with a travel bug and other contents). These will be available for collection at the Winchester Late Xmas Bash by arrangement, or contact Sarah at TeamTate. The travel bug has already been released back into the wild by Sarah.

We are delighted with the new collaborative relationship between the NF Forestry Commission and GAGB, and expect that we will be able to announce permission for the placement of caches and associated guidelines early in the New Year. Feel free to start planning!

Posted by Dave from The Wombles, for and on behalf of the committee

Bill D (wwh)
23rd November 2003, 07:33 PM
That's really good news! Well done Dave and everyone concerned, and thanks to the Forestry Commission for a constructive approach.

Some of the owners of those removed caches don't read the forums. Is anyone going to contact them regarding their caches?

Mr & Mrs Hedgehog
23rd November 2003, 07:43 PM
We would also like to thank Dave and co for their efforts.

The Wombles
23rd November 2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Bill D (wwh)@Nov 23 2003, 07:33 PM
Some of the owners of those removed caches don't read the forums. Is anyone going to contact them regarding their caches?

Sarah Tate hopes to identify all 18 caches and contact the owners. Not all of the caches were named and it'll take a while to contact everybody. Owners should mail Sarah direct if they believe their cache may be amongst the collection.

Motley Crew
23rd November 2003, 09:04 PM
This is excellent news. :D

Well done to the committee and the Forestry Commission.

Paul G0TLG
23rd November 2003, 09:14 PM
Really excellent, well done to those committee members who were directly involved in this.

The cache soon to be known as "View From a Ridge" is quaking with excitement that his long incarceration in my back bedroom may soon be over...

Paul

Omally
23rd November 2003, 10:24 PM
Good work!

BugznElm'r
23rd November 2003, 10:52 PM
Super stuff! :D

Brenin Tegeingl
23rd November 2003, 10:52 PM
Great work to everyone involved. Maybe now all those who were against the association, can see the benefits to all UK geocachers now it's up and running. Dave

marinor
24th November 2003, 07:12 AM
great work folks :D

Thanks

Bill

NattyBooshka
24th November 2003, 07:26 AM
WTG guys... we look forward to finding our first NF cache on one of our trips early next year :)

The Wobbly Club
24th November 2003, 07:41 AM
Well Done! To the Committee for the stirling work and also to the FC.
I will let Richair know about this as one of the caches was Wilverly Oak placed by him.

Pharisee
24th November 2003, 07:43 AM
Good news... well done and thanks.

Daisy&me
24th November 2003, 08:59 AM
That's great. Thanks to all concerned.

Gavotteers
24th November 2003, 09:07 AM
Well done to all involved
It's better news than the rugby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mel & Barbara

Geoff & Bonnie
24th November 2003, 12:05 PM
Thank you and congratulations on such swift progress. The New Forest is one of our favourite places to visit.
Geoff, Bonnie & Jack

dogastus
24th November 2003, 03:54 PM
That is great news. A hearty thanks to all those concerned.

dogastus

The Badgers
26th November 2003, 05:23 PM
Well Done You !!

We've just heard from Sarah of Team Tate the good news about the agreement with the FC and that she has rescued our cache. A big Thank You to all those members of the committee who have been involved in the discussions - great work ! :D

LoisInTheForest
26th November 2003, 09:00 PM
As a total newcomer, I have been unaware of the problems with caches in the New Forest. As I am based in the New Forest area, however, I am very appreciative of the efforts of everyone who has been involved with trying to resolve these problems with the FC.

Chris n Maria
1st December 2003, 09:21 AM
Well done folks a supurb job by the sound of things.

Chris

The Merman
4th December 2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Gavotteers@Nov 24 2003, 09:07 AM
Well done to all involved
It's better news than the rugby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mel & Barbara
I say...steady on there!!!!

But as someone who had a cache removed by the FC I say well done to all negotiators.