PDA

View Full Version : Trouble accessing GC.com

The Wobbly Club
3rd January 2004, 08:41 PM
Hi there, Is anyone else having difficulty in accessing Ceocaching.com website?. I have tried all day today with NO luck. All I get is an error page. :(

The Wombles
3rd January 2004, 08:50 PM
Yep, likewise. I'm getting emails of log reports though, so some people must be getting in.

Muggle
3rd January 2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by The Wombles@Jan 3 2004, 08:50 PM
Yep, likewise. I'm getting emails of log reports though, so some people must be getting in.
My friends in Texas are reporting that some are getting through and some are not. Depending on which ISP they have.

Bill D (wwh)
3rd January 2004, 09:15 PM
I've been getting lots of delays and quite a few 'server error' messages for some days now.

In this thread (https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=61384) Jeremy said:
"We're doubling our highest traffic numbers this week. Check the 'about' page to see how many accounts are logging caches.

I rebooted the machine which may clear up some of the 'user too busy' errors. "

So maybe it'll get better soon. On the other hand he said that twenty-four hours ago, so don't hold your breath... ;) :ph34r:

Bill D (wwh)
3rd January 2004, 09:19 PM
And, incidentally, yesterday evening the Groundspeak forums had the highest recorded number of users online simultaneously.

It's probably a combination of existing cachers using the site more during the holiday period, and all those people who got their first GPSr for Christmas.

Mr Mercator
3rd January 2004, 11:00 PM
I've had the same problems, tried repeatedly to access the site without success, it takes forever then my browser gets closed down, I don't even get an error page - weird. Glad it's not just me.

Hope normal service will shortly be resumed.

Mr M

MarcB
4th January 2004, 12:12 AM
I'm in the no access gang either!
I wonder how long it will take...
MarcB

Bifter
12th January 2004, 06:45 PM
Sorry to be a killjoy but I have had no problems whatsoever accessing this site and I have been on there everyday since January 1st.....