PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Bifter

Bifter
10th January 2004, 10:43 PM
Hi my name is Bifter and though new to caching I have already chalked up 3 finds including a ftf. I own a basic etrex (which I love) and really like this "new" sport. I'm 36 and have a lovely wife and three children. Please use this topic to introduce yourselves and then I hope to have you all as online friends.......happy caching........Bifter.

TaureanTrackers
11th January 2004, 01:26 PM
:rolleyes: Hi! I'm one half of Taurean Trackers. My husband and I are also very, very new to the sport but love every opportunity to get out and go hunting. We also fancy placing one but think we'll put another few under our belts first. We don't have as much time as we'd like to go hunting but retirement looms with the gift of more time with which to play. So watch out for more of us. :P

Great to see you here. Keep on caching! :D

Summerlightning
12th January 2004, 04:16 PM
Hi Bifter!
Just like you I am new to this too and also have a basic Etrex which I am slowly learning to use.
I have just bought a serial cable so that I can download waypoints which is much better tan putting the in manually.
My wife and son ( The other members of Team Marigold) have gone from sceptical resignation to outright enthusiasm after we found our first Cache on Saturday which was a real buzz.
Also had to face going home cold wet and empty handed yesterday after having to give up on a search due to inclement weather.
We found the site but the cache evaded us. Still it's not far from home so I plan to return as soon as I ca to track it down.
Not much more to add, just wanted to say hello.
SL

BugznElm'r
12th January 2004, 05:33 PM
The first "give up" is the hardest :(
Poor weather is a good reason to give up ... live to cache another day! :D