PDA

View Full Version : Wolverhampton Council Caching Refusal..

Shadeyman
7th October 2009, 10:16 AM
Hello everyone.

I have been in touch with Wolverhampton Council over the past 3 months and so far they have refused to allow the placing of any caches on the land they control. I'm now waiting to here what they plan to do about the 200 plus caches that have been placed without thier permission? Has anyone else had any contact with Wolverhampton Council and actually got permission to place a cache?

nobbynobbs
7th October 2009, 06:27 PM
have you shown them the agreement with hampshire county council? this has been runing for several years without hitch.

any idea what their actual issue is? seems odd that wildlife trusts and national trust will allow caching but a city council not!
sure one of us can offer some help.

Shadeyman
10th October 2009, 01:55 AM
Permission was refused by

J Pugh
Operations Manager
Wolverhampton Parks Department
and Regeneration Department. UK.

He said "no permission has ever been granted for any caches to be placed on Wolverhampton Council controlled land and that our bye-laws do not allow for this to happen on Leisure Services owned land", possibly making the caches in the Wolverhampton area illegal?

I arranged the agreement with the neighboring county of Walsall. I showed him the agreement and his reply was "our bye-laws do not allow for this to happen"..

nobbynobbs
10th October 2009, 04:15 PM
have you got an email address for him?

your call, i could give it a go and try and get him to stop being quite so...

Shadeyman
10th October 2009, 04:54 PM
have you got an email address for him?

your call, i could give it a go and try and get him to stop being quite so...

My contact is Jane at City Direct Wolverhampton, she has to forward the emails to the correct departments and then forwards the reply's back to me.

I have asked a friend to take a look, he downloaded a PDF document of Wolverhamptons Bye-Laws and said there is nothing in it that Geocaching would breech? I've no forwarded my friends findings to J Pugh(via Jane) and asked if it is posible for him to give me a little more info on what Bye-Law we would be breeching. Perhaps then we'll be able to find a solution thats suits both parties? :dunno:

nobbynobbs
11th October 2009, 07:40 AM
Good start, could be that it's easier for him to say no than it is to actually look into it.

Check their health policy. Could be that they have committted themselves to promoting healthy activities within their area. Some councils encourage healthy walks through parks and so on. If they don't then maybe approach the health people and suggest that they do!

Point out that the more normal legit people that use their property then the less undesirable will.

Cache in trash out can be a bonus.

Shadeyman
11th October 2009, 11:47 PM
I think your right, doesn't seem like they actually looked into it at all. Maybe asking a few questions will give them the push they need to dig a little deeper and actually base thier descion on facts? :dunno:

Waited 6 weeks for the last reply so sit back, put your feet up and I'll get back to you as soon as I can... :applause:

nobbynobbs
12th October 2009, 08:57 PM
from their website:

Parks and green spaces are perhaps the most 'public' of local services. They make significant contributions to the city's image and identity - and to its residents' health and well-being.
Green areas are a haven for wildlife and a welcome relief from dense, urban development. We take every opportunity to support and sustain the future development of this precious resource and enhance our standards through:

most other councils encourage light exercise for those of the old and infirm to partake in. guided walks and so on. isn't that roughly what we do......

Shadeyman
13th October 2009, 03:21 PM
from their website:

Parks and green spaces are perhaps the most 'public' of local services. They make significant contributions to the city's image and identity - and to its residents' health and well-being.
Green areas are a haven for wildlife and a welcome relief from dense, urban development. We take every opportunity to support and sustain the future development of this precious resource and enhance our standards through:

most other councils encourage light exercise for those of the old and infirm to partake in. guided walks and so on. isn't that roughly what we do......

Thanks! Will add it to my next email..