PDA

View Full Version : Contacts page

NattyBooshka
16th January 2004, 04:02 PM
Just looking around the site... isn't it time the committee's contact details are put on the contact's page?

seifer
16th January 2004, 04:16 PM
Well Tim's the only one that can do that, so go ask him.....

NattyBooshka
16th January 2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by seifer@Jan 16 2004, 04:16 PM
I;d consider it asked of the committee by posting it here... if Tim's the only one who can do that and the committee want it done, then they can ask him. It's not my place.

Kouros
16th January 2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by seifer@Jan 16 2004, 04:16 PM
I would suggest that in order to be able to put the details there, the Committee should be the ones to do the asking. So in my personal opinion, Natty is quite right (thank you for pointing it out).

I have just this moment discussed with Tim the possibility of adding a form to the website that will allow any user to contact the entire committee in one fell swoop (because of Natty's posting). If the rest of the committee are in agreement, I would be happy to write the code for this, and ask if Tim would add it to the site.

I have forwarded this message to the rest of the committee.

Kouros

NattyBooshka
16th January 2004, 04:33 PM
well done Kouros... whilst we're at it though... there's lots of mention to us having no elected officials... maybe that needs changing too?

Kouros
16th January 2004, 04:40 PM
The front page should not pay any mention to that anymore (I requested that that was changed a few days ago, and Tim very kindly did so).

I must admit that I did not notice that it still mentioned that on the contacts page. If nobody minds too much, I will suggest that we hang fire on that until all details are updated in one go (with Constitution added, Guidelines, Contacts, and a Starters Guide which we are currently writing).

paul.blitz
16th January 2004, 06:22 PM
A ***LOT*** of updates need doing to the website... some obvious and visible, others not.

However, *I* was not willing to impose on Tim's time, as he had stepped down as chairman and had indicated that he was not so willing to spend time on GAGB things, but instead wanted to return to a "normal life" of going out caching etc. Noone else wished to / had the time to ask for Tim to make changes either.

(I have been in a similar postion with another (now very defunct) organisation, and wanted little or nothing to do with it after I stood down as "Regional Coordinator", and felt (rightly or wrongly) that Tim would probably have similar feelings.)

For (good) technical reasons, the current website can NOT be modified by anyone other than Tim.

It was always the intention that, as soon as the website moved to a new home, and we (the committee) were able to make changes ourselves, we would update the site to include all the sorts of things that people have mentioned.

Paul

Kouros
16th January 2004, 06:25 PM
All very true.

NattyBooshka
16th January 2004, 11:28 PM
Fair enough... understand technical reasons and also respect the personal reasons.