PDA

View Full Version : Representing the regions

BugznElm'r
31st January 2004, 01:33 PM
As someone who was born, live, has a base of operation and caches in Wales I have a question of the Committee.

How does the GAGB plan of representing all the regions of Great Britain ... England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland? As far as I'm aware, all the committee members are from England (please correct me if I'm wrong and apologies if I am) and this has the possible danger of the other regions of the GB being left out in favour of England.

We're in the initial planning stages of a geocaching meet in Wales and also a "Muggle Day" in June that might (if things work out) involve the local authorities promotion and funding and I'm wondering if/how the GAGB would want to link to this.

I know it's early days and I don't want this to sound like a Monty Python "What have the Romans done for us recently" post, :D but I do worry that if this isn't addressed early, it might be a long time before it is.

Or is devolution the only way :ph34r: :D :P

paul.blitz
31st January 2004, 05:51 PM
How does the GAGB plan on representing all the regions of Great Britain ... England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland?

VERY good & relevant question. I guess, as a person from "United Kindom" my allegiance is to ALL regions. Maybe we can clone the committee and send them to the outer reaches of the territories? Then the question is: WHICH member(s) to clone... what a thought!!!

As far as I'm aware, all the committee members are from England

curses, we've been found out!!!! Ok, I confess, I'm English!!!! :-)

and this has the possible danger of the other regions of the GB being left out in favour of England

I'd like to think that we (= committee) would not leave out anywhere... but as you say, it COULD happen inadvertantly. Just make sure you let us know if we falter!

We're in the initial planning stages of a geocaching meet in Wales and also a "Muggle Day" in June that might (if things work out) involve the local authorities promotion and funding and I'm wondering if/how the GAGB would want to link to this.

Wow, ANOTHEr one! Excellent!

Its certainly something we need to think about... looks like there will be a few summer events going on... and, yes, it would be good to have GAGB representation. If none of the committe are able to be present, how would YOU feel about "organising" the GAGB rpresentation?

I know it's early days and I don't want this to sound like a Monty Python "What have the Romans done for us recently" post, :D but I do worry that if this isn't addressed early, it might be a long time before it is.

I'd much rather hear about these things well in advance, so thanks for the warning. But, heck, how am I gonna manage to squeeze in 2 weeks caching in USA with all these things happening!!!???

Or is devolution the only way

The Geocaching Association of Wales (GAW)?? ;) Would you have enough of you to form an Exec Committe? :blink: B) :P

paul

The Wombles
31st January 2004, 08:46 PM
Negotiations are under way with the FC in North Wales through the efforts of Lactodorum; he has agreed to release this information although it is still early days in this particular negotiation. GAGB maintain regular contact with both UK Approvers over matters of negotiations and proactive approaches from land owners.

Many of the negotiations are interlinked because information is being circulated within the land managers. For the same reason we would appreciate early visibility of any and all negotiations and permissions with land managers who are part of larger organisations.