PDA

View Full Version : Join the Cointest!

Fianccetto
17th March 2010, 06:55 PM
This cointest is for anyone who lives in UK or NI, as this is the GAGB website.

The coin on offer is this one, as it's St. Patrick's Day today:

http://i39.tinypic.com/6joitt.jpg

It is unactivated and trackable on geocaching.com

As this is a gift to the winner, this is not for reselling. The original maker of these coins is going to be selling more of them, from what I can gather, so I wouldn't want this one to get in the way. If you don't like the coin enough to keep it, set it free in a cache somewhere, give it away or don't enter. :lol:

You will need to PM me your address and geocaching.com caching name (if its different to on here) to qualify. I will not keep your addresses on record and I will not send unsolicited mail.

What else do you do to enter? Post your own small, simple outline drawing of a black cat, a violin, a flute, clarinet, horse, rower, hedgehog, hen or cow or chess pieces. The drawing must be of your own design, not copied or copyrighted and the more simple and childlike, the better! Not being able to draw is not a good enough excuse for not taking part! :lol: You can ask friends and relatives to draw for you, as long as they accept the rules.

In submitting any drawings you must be prepared for us to use or adapt them for our signature items/ coins/ pathtags without us paying you anything. I'm expecting to have to do a lot more work on them and for coins to then go to a professional coin designer as well, so this is just a quick starter for 10.

You can enter as many times as you like, in as many posts as you like until the cointest finishes.

You can use any medium, any colours, make a big pic and scale it down, but it must be an outline (with details filled in if you like) not a scene. No photos please.

Have fun!

RuberyBlue
17th March 2010, 08:37 PM
getting my wax crayons out as I type:p

RB

Fianccetto
17th March 2010, 09:22 PM
Marvellous!

Fianccetto
21st March 2010, 11:33 AM
I can't edit my original post, but apologies for adding the 'UK and NI'. All I can say is Groundspeak/geocaching.com has got me all confused with their regions.

Also, I'd like to withdraw the bit about reselling. If you win the coin, its yours and you can do what you want with it. I bought it, I wasn't given it, so there's no problem there.

As for the actual task...Well, maybe it wasn't a good choice, but I'm stuck with that now. If no one enters, I guess I'll activate it and start it on its travels in when we're in holiday in Ireland.

Palujia
31st March 2010, 11:59 PM
She who must be obeyed is an artist and we used to do cartoons of Siamese Cats - so be prepared to be inundated with piccies
cheers
Palujia
(which,strangely enough was our breeding prefix - when we used to breed the little blighters, and is also why your's truely is also known as "Mystic Mog"

Fianccetto
3rd April 2010, 06:41 PM
All this waiting ... :popcorn:

:lol:

Can't wait.

Fianccetto
26th April 2010, 10:56 PM
Well,it's been over a month and no entries, so am considering drawing a line under this as clearly I didn't pitch it right, somehow. Might as well call a deadline for end of April.