PDA

View Full Version : Shipley Country Park, Heanor (Derbyshire County Council)

The Web Rat
23rd March 2010, 11:17 PM
After a meeting with one of the rangers today I have secured a protocol for placing new caches in the above park.

Shipley Country Park are looking to promote Geocaching in the park and I have agreed in principle to the placing of 5-6 new caches within the park to coincide with a "10 Years!" event to be held on the park on Sunday, 2nd May.

The placement of caches in the park needs to be "rubber stamped" at a higher level but this is being treated simple procedure which should take under 7 days to confirm.

The rangers were a little worried on finding out the park already had two caches placed without permission but after face to face discussions it appears that they are happy for them to stay put.

While permission for the new caches is being "rubber stamped" could I request that all further cache placements within the park are temporarily suspended.

Once the initial caches are approved anyone looking to place new caches within the park will only be required contact a ranger by email for permission (no need for form filling, etc) - full details will be passed on to whoever administers the land agreements database.

The Wombles
25th March 2010, 10:21 PM
full details will be passed on to whoever administers the land agreements database.

That's me. I've added the current details to the database and will add the contact details when you advise.