PDA

View Full Version : Ipaq Pda

Palujia
24th April 2010, 05:17 PM
Having got a bit of a start now,and got me Garmin, I am now casting about for ways to lose the sheets of A4 containing the clues etc. I have dug out my IPAQ PDA - not used since retirement from office four years ago. Any one any ideas how to down load the Geocache info from the site?:confused:
cheeers
confused wool

DrDick&Vick
24th April 2010, 07:43 PM
A lot of people use GSAK but I personally use Geocache Log.
I use Memory Map on the PDA and have the caches marked with LerdElphs icons and they are in turn linked to text files that contain the hint, note and the last 5 logs.
It also helps that my Mio PDA has it'sown GPS so tracks me on Memory Map and it's a simple case of a double tap on the icon to view the information.

Palujia
25th April 2010, 12:22 AM
I think I spoke a bit soon! My IPAQ does not seem to want to charge it's battery. Not sure what is wrong so going to see computer shop chap on Monday to see if it needs new battery or what - but once again thanks for the advice
cheers :cheers:

palujia

nobbynobbs
25th April 2010, 07:44 AM
do a soft reset and then a hard one.

Palujia
25th April 2010, 06:07 PM
Right ho ! Will try that when I get back to home

Palujia
25th April 2010, 11:28 PM
Nope - that didn't work so down to computer bloke tomorrow !!
thanks anyway
cheers
palujia

Palujia
30th April 2010, 05:51 AM
As I thought battery knackered ! left it too long without charging - rats!
Ordered new one ! Then will try daunting task of trying to "sync" it to the Swiss Army knife programme. Am still trying to get into the programme but brain like a swiss roll this week - too many nights in a row
thanks anyway
cheers
palujia