PDA

View Full Version : Hello

shellous
15th June 2010, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone,

We are a family of 4 who are from Essex and we have all most definitely caught the geocaching bug. A friend introduced us to it and the kids love it. Our two girls (aged 4 & 6) now think that everytime we leave the house we are going to look for "boxes"!:lol:

Currently we are using an iphone to find caches but the battery is such an issue (runs out too quickly) that we are now looking to buy a new GPS system. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea at what features I should be looking for :confused:

DrDick&Vick
19th June 2010, 11:54 AM
Hiya, welcome to the addiction. WIth regards to units have a look in the Help and Advice/reviews section as there are a couple of reviews in there.

Bear and Ragged
19th June 2010, 07:25 PM
Find out if there's an event local to you, worth attending and seeing what others have... (Especially if you say your new and what to see examples of kit)

Welcome! :D

shellous
28th June 2010, 02:01 PM
Thank you for the advice, it looks like we had just missed out on a geocaching event at our local woods that was organised by our local council. If only I had looked sooner!

Hopefully there will be another one soon

DrDick&Vick
28th June 2010, 08:25 PM
If you are anywhere near Maidstone have a look HERE (https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=362efa60-96b8-4e7e-8787-1f90acbc439f&log=y)
Click the Calenders Link at the top of the forum page to see the full events calender.