PDA

View Full Version : GAGB CITO with the NT

The Wombles
15th June 2010, 09:31 PM
GAGB is holding a CITO at Clent Hills, West Midlands on Saturday 11th September. This is an NT property and we are pleased to be able to support the NT following their support for geocaching.

There is a nearby campsite and there will also be an evening event, to be announced.

Details are here GC29Z9Z (https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b2d69cec-8937-4e5d-bee8-cccd462f4dff)

The Other Stu
16th June 2010, 01:10 PM
Gah, I was just about to sign up and it's the Naughty Weekend Away 3 in Kent :mad:

Is this going to become a regular event? It would be really good to support the NT from a caching perspective because as you mention, they support us very well

RuberyBlue
16th June 2010, 01:52 PM
I was reliably advised by the contact at Clent NT that another, larger property in Worcestershire were interested in possibly starting a caching presence.......so I can only see our involvement and associated activities growing

RB

KRO!

L8HNB
2nd July 2010, 06:40 PM
Lin and I hope to attend, we will know closer to the date.

H.

DrDick&Vick
16th July 2010, 03:57 PM
Bumping this one up folks

Mrs Blorenge
23rd July 2010, 06:30 PM
Two Blorenges will be there and will be staying overnight at the nearby Travel Lodge.

Palujia
25th July 2010, 10:16 AM
Hope to come if we can - will bring "Big Ange" and the caravan for weekend - stay at local Caravan club site.

Les D
2nd September 2010, 06:29 PM
We have just seen the event and will attend Clent Hills are our local area. It will be our first contact since joining the GAGB some time ago.
Les D:)

RuberyBlue
2nd September 2010, 08:01 PM
Hi Les,

Look forward to seeing you there!

RB

Jacaru
3rd September 2010, 09:16 AM
Unfortunately can't make this, got to work at an event at Brooklands. Have fun everyone.

The Wombles
8th September 2010, 11:08 PM
Our GAGB CITO is this weekend and we have about 70 people currently shown planning to attend. It's a big area (near Stourbridge) so please come along if you can help, or to the evening event in the pub if you prefer.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

The Wombles
11th September 2010, 08:26 PM
Orinoco and I had a fantastic day. We had about 60 people - including some passing muggles who just wanted to help - and collected a total of 43 bags of rubbish, plus coordinates for several other heavy loads which the NT will collect separately (a computer monitor, 20 bottles, a stack of magazines, a couple of tarpaulins and other things). Thanks to GeoTees and The Blorenges donated some prizes which were won by Les D for the most bags of rubbish collected and others in the subsequent lucky dip.

The weather was mixed - a couple of downpours but we had plenty of glorious sunshine, and the views from the top of Clent Hills are excellent. We'll be back and really enjoyed visiting the NT here, thanks to the Warden Bob Ayres for providing bags, litter picks and a warm welcome and thanks to RuberyBlue for the local arrangements and maintaining the NT's own geocaches across the hills.

Thanks to everyone who came and supporting us.

L8HNB
12th September 2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks to Dave Womble and Orinoco for travelling up to the Mids and putting on an excellent do!
Enjoyed the ups and downs of caching on the Clents, was pleased to hand that black bag back though....
Also thanks to Rubery Blue for coaxing me into a pub for another smiley after!
H of L8HNB.

DrDick&Vick
12th September 2010, 04:52 PM
Just thought I would post the group photo and say a big WELL DONE to everybody who took part.
https://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk85/richardmullans/Geocaching/ClentHillsCITO.jpg