PDA

View Full Version : My first 2 geocaches!

MoleyUK
17th September 2010, 09:29 AM
Hello everyone

My name is Kev and I started geocaching after being interested for some time, my 40th birthday was on 14th September and was the day I started, I never realised it was such fun!!

I have been a long time walker and hiker and so I thought this hobby would be an ideal partner to my walking hobbies. Such a great community too with, its like a hidden treasure trove throughout the country and indeed the whole world, amazing.

Thanks for having me aboard.

Kev aka MoleyUK

ps, whats with putting spoons in the caches?

RuberyBlue
17th September 2010, 09:36 AM
Welcome Kev,

Spoons seems quite sane, one of my last caches had two shower heads (new) with hoses!

You may find caching slows your walks down....

RB

Graculus
17th September 2010, 12:36 PM
Shower heads (https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=485477)?.....

Chris (MrB)

Mrs Blorenge
17th September 2010, 02:00 PM
Welcome, Moley...

The spoons sound like they might be a signature item left by a geocacher. Easier to fit into caches than showerheads ;)

pete37038
2nd December 2010, 02:45 AM
LOL I have found the shower head some time ago ! interesting gallery !! left it on top of Kinder Scout in a huge ammo can, cool TB, deffo a memorable one !!

Palujia
2nd December 2010, 06:11 AM
Hi,
welcome aboard - Us cachers are a great bunch but no one ever said we were sane !!! - Lots of us have signature items - ours is a small coloured crystal heart. We find all sorts of things in caches, its part of the charm. From childrens toys to a fake rolex watch attached to a travel bug! We also have small calling cards with our caching name and pictures of our dogs which we leave in appropriately sized caches. These cards are a current bone of contention amongst cachers - some like them and some loathe them ! Read a few of the threads on the site and you will see the whole spectrum - anyway good luck and good caching !!

Fermentum
2nd December 2010, 06:56 PM
Shower heads thats brilliant!

Must think of something more weird than that!

Hello MoleyUK, nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy Geocaching as much as we do!

Dave
(Fermi)