PDA

View Full Version : Merton Council

misty_minou
30th September 2010, 09:45 AM
Has anyone had any experience dealing with Merton Borough Council? I've been trying to get hold of them to try and gain permission to place a cache in one of there lesser used nature reserves.

They haven't responded or even acknowledged my request, the problem is I don't have a specific person to contact just a generalised email address.

Any help would be gratefully received before I attempt to escalate my request further by contacting one of the councillors.

Thanks Mark

DrDick&Vick
30th September 2010, 12:24 PM
Having had a quick look at their site it might be worth emailing to this address leisure@merton.gov.uk
or giving this number a ring 020 8545 3678 as this department seems to deal with all aspects of leisure inc parks etc.

misty_minou
30th September 2010, 03:21 PM
the email address is the one I've already used to try and contact them.

Didn't notice the number in the past, so will try giving that one a call in a couple of days.

Thanks for you help.

DrDick&Vick
30th September 2010, 05:34 PM
There is also this email address that is supposed to cover Environment and Regeneration so I suppose that a nature reserve may come under Environment, esenquiries@merton.gov.uk.
If at the end of the day you get no response at all after 2 or 3 attempts then you could always try completing THIS (https://forms.merton.gov.uk/AF3/an/default.aspx/RenderForm/?F.Name=CAUEvs1PkHG) and seeing what happens.

misty_minou
30th September 2010, 06:39 PM
Oh that form is very tempting in more ways than one.

Will try contacting the environment department and seeing if I get a response that way. If no joy I will see if the complaints department will do something.

Cheers Mark

zarbibird
12th December 2010, 08:13 AM
Has anyone had any experience dealing with Merton Borough Council? I've been trying to get hold of them to try and gain permission to place a cache in one of there lesser used nature reserves.

They haven't responded or even acknowledged my request, the problem is I don't have a specific person to contact just a generalised email address.

Any help would be gratefully received before I attempt to escalate my request further by contacting one of the councillors.

Thanks Mark
We tried a couple of years ago, having almost got permission from the people who do voluntary work at Beverly Meads, where we wanted to place the cache, (think it was the London Wildlife Trust?). They were very keen but refered us to LBM who refused point blank, despite several letters of explanation, pleading etc. Can't remember the name of the officious official. So good luck!