PDA

View Full Version : MoD Permissions

Paws 4 a Cache
27th October 2010, 05:22 PM
Hello Forumers,

I was wondering if anyone has ever sought permission to place caches on MoD land? I live in an area (Hampshire-Surrey-Berkshire Borders) that has A LOT of MoD land / training areas. Many caches already exist on these plots of land. The areas are heavily used for recreational purposes - and this is allowed by the MoD with certain byelaws that must be followed.

Perhaps permission isn't required if the land (most of which are no live fire training areas) is aready OK'd for recreational use? Perhaps any requests for permission would quickly disappear into a black hole of MoD bureaucracy?

Thanks in advance for any light shed on this subject!

The Wombles
27th October 2010, 08:31 PM
I have permission for my Imber cache - Ghost Village - which is in the middle of Salisbury Plain firing range. However this is a virtual and has strict conditions, most obviously that access is only permitted at certain times. I suspect that this is also an unusual case because of the nature of imber.

Contact the Rangemaster in the first place and good luck.

Paws 4 a Cache
1st November 2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks Wombles, I will do this and see what comes of it.

southwestvauxhalls
7th July 2011, 06:37 PM
Just saw this one and thought I may be able to help.

If the area is permitted for use by the public with the caveat of the byelaws, then it is fine to put a cache as long as you make people aware that they need to follow these byelaws. Take a peek at TeamStevo's Bulford Droveway series and read the SPTA guidelines he has in the listing