PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bath!

IanBath
5th December 2010, 07:13 PM
Hello all..

3 weeks in and I've found this site (thanks to a reviewer of the first cache I've hidden!).

I've been trying to lose weight and get fitter for some time and have finally found something that gives me motivation to walk a decent distance every weekend.

Been reading the other threads and were wondering about all the odd items I've been seeing in the caches - bouncy balls seem to be the most popular so far; no showerheads... yet..!

Let's see if my new hobby can keep me away from all the chocs at Christmas and keep the pounds off. :)

DrDick&Vick
5th December 2010, 07:25 PM
Welcome to this wonderful addiction, glad to see you have been having a look around the forums, if there is anything you want to know just post it and I am sure that someone will be along with an answer very soon.
Don't forget to enter the competition (https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=45099#post45099) and maybe even the caching mileage (https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3715) game.
Click the llinks to view the subjects.

Fermentum
5th December 2010, 07:43 PM
Hello and Welcome to GAGB!

Palujia
5th December 2010, 08:00 PM
Wotcha - come on in - the water's lovely !! Bit on the cold side for caching but you burn a lot of calories slogging through the snow ! Lots of things on the forums to read - Most of us found it very helpful when we started (some of us still do !) Off topic quizzes - Newsletters - links to local groups and calendar for local events - meet up with other cachers and get tips and how tos - And it is all UK based. Not biased towards our american cousins which, I'm sorry to say the forums on Groundspeak are

The Wombles
5th December 2010, 08:34 PM
Hi Ian of Bath and welcome from Dave of Chippenham :)

Lots of nice caches in this area ;), let us know if we can help

Jacaru
5th December 2010, 09:19 PM
Hiya Ian, welcome, I am sure you will enjoy visiting our forums, any questions, someone will be along shortly to answer, and if they aren't, it's probably because they are feeding their addiction.