PDA

View Full Version : Posting in Technical Advice

Predictable Bob
27th March 2011, 01:45 PM
:confused:

I posted in 'Technical Advice' yesterday (I think !) and it was flagged up as needing to be approved by a moderator. I've no problem with that at all but does that apply to all forums or just specific ones and how long does it usually take before posts are approved ?

PS
I've seen that people have been 'Thanked' for their assistance - how is this done ?

PPS
Are there any 'House Rules' here - I've seen the FAQ's but they seem to be generic rather than specific to GAGB

Cheers

:)

The Wombles
27th March 2011, 07:19 PM
Bob, we suffered from spammers for a period so now members have to be established before they can post links (I'd rather not specify the criteria here for obvious reasons but happy to do so via mail/PMs). However, new members can post without links.

Posts are usually approved by the next moderator (committee member) along but they may all be out caching..... :)

You can thank people for a useful / informative post by clicking the "thanks" button in the bottom right of the relevant box containing the box.

The house rules are the usual ones:
search for answers before posting questions
politeness to other people

However, we are pretty relaxed about most posts and try to adopt a low-profile moderation policy.

Predictable Bob
27th March 2011, 09:30 PM
:socool:

I like forums with a light touch !

Can't understand how I missed the 'Thanks' button - I did look for it honest :wacko:

I reckon I'm going to like it here

:applause:

border caz
27th March 2011, 10:45 PM
Bob! Is this the same Predictable Bob who mended my caravan's gas fire in 2004?

If so, it's a small world. Or a small GB, at any rate.