PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Cornwall!

rufus 430
5th June 2011, 10:13 PM
Hi all

Nice to find this forum.

I'm based in mid Cornwall & found out about Geocaching from another forum of which I'm a member. Decided to give it a go & been out a few times now with my 4 yr old daughter, who thinks its great fun looking for secret treasure in the bushes:).

1st time we went out I got her to cycle twice as far up our local trail as she's ever been before (& back again:D) & she wasn't the least bit dissapointed that the cache only had a log book & pencil in it - she just thought how amazing to find a little box hidden under a pile of stones.
We've since swaped loot on several occasions, sent one travel bug on its way & have another we need to move on tomorrow.

We've only done a few so far, but we're having fun & I think we'll be around for a while.

If theres any cachers local to us, especially who also have little ones, it'd be lovely to hear from you.

Ruth (rufus 430)

DrDick&Vick
5th June 2011, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the GAGB and to the wonderful world of the hobby/obsession/addiction/game#
I am sure that you and your daughter will find a lot of enjoyment hunting in Cornwall.
We are back down there in 2 weeks time and have organised an event Picnic on The Head (https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=7bab52f2-90f5-4910-bd8b-0b4adf372ebf) and it would be nice to see you there.

#delete as appropriate.

rufus 430
6th June 2011, 10:27 AM
Ooh, I wondered if there was anything we could get along to where we might meet some other cachers - had a quick look - I may even be able to prise the other half away from his computer for long enough to come along :rolleyes:
Hopefully see you in August then:)