PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessment for Forestry Commission

pennine rambler
10th June 2011, 05:12 PM
I am in the process of setting up a multicache on Community Woodland (Forestry Commission) in the Doncaster area, and one of their requirements was a Risk Assessment for Geocaching. I don't know if anybody else in the caching fraternity has been asked for this before, but with the help of the local community ranger I eventually compiled one that was accepted. I just thought that if I made the document that I was sent to use as a basic template available to other forum readers it may save somebody else from having the same headache. It is a lengthy document consisting of six pages in total which covers virtually every possible hazardous situation when geocaching. I have tried to link it into the text of this message, but if it doesn't work send me a PM and I will E-Mail it directly.

Bear and Ragged
10th June 2011, 08:51 PM
Maybe one of the committee can post it for you...

Or save it in the Landowners Agreements list?

Committee members, where are you? :lol:

The Wombles
11th June 2011, 10:35 AM
Ahem :p

Yes a copy of this on the website sounds like a good idea. Pennine Rambler, PM on it's way.

uktim
12th June 2011, 09:51 AM
I am in the process of setting up a multicache on Community Woodland (Forestry Commission) in the Doncaster area, and one of their requirements was a Risk Assessment for Geocaching. I don't know if anybody else in the caching fraternity has been asked for this before, but with the help of the local community ranger I eventually compiled one that was accepted. I just thought that if I made the document that I was sent to use as a basic template available to other forum readers it may save somebody else from having the same headache. It is a lengthy document consisting of six pages in total which covers virtually every possible hazardous situation when geocaching. I have tried to link it into the text of this message, but if it doesn't work send me a PM and I will E-Mail it directly.

I think we need to be careful about using generic risk assessments rather than simple risk assessments that recognise the real risks on a site by site basis.

If there is to be a generic RA or even a template it really needs to be kept simple and almost cetainly a lot less than 6 pages long IMO.