PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!!!

southwestvauxhalls
7th July 2011, 06:18 PM
Hi all,

Thought I'd sign up for this and introduce myself. My name is Gaz and I cache with my wife Kirsty under the name of southwestvauxhalls. Why the name? Well, we own 2 Vauxhalls and have lived in the South West most of our lives (I lived in Northern Ireland for 3 years) and currently live near Salisbury. Also I run the South West Vauxhall Owners Club with a friend as southwestvauxhalls DOT co DOT uk is our web address.

Started caching in January this year after seeing a friend posting photo's in a geocaching album on Facebook - curiosity killed the cat!!

Have met lots of lovely people on our caching adventures including Colin & Daphne (WobblyClub), Tony & Monika (TheTwoMotts), Stan (stanthews) and Bill & Mary (The Odyssians) and hope to meet many more. So if you see us about, be sure to say Hi:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/149939_447087365043_548565043_5847514_501515_n.jpg

Bear and Ragged
7th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Welcome!

Tek_Kaz
7th July 2011, 07:47 PM
Hiya and welcome to the GAGB forums Gaz and Kirsty. :) Maybe catch up with you at A Wiltshire Event soon.

Tek_kaz. :lol:

The Wombles
7th July 2011, 08:01 PM
Welcome fellow Moonrakers ;)

southwestvauxhalls
8th July 2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks people.

Tek Kaz, you should look around more, came second in Stan's caching bingo at the last one ;). Was sat by Colin & Daphne with the 2 dogs.

Wombles, Moonrakers indeed :). Will you be at the next Wiltshire Event?? Be nice to meet you.

I'll be there but will just be me on my motorbike as Kirsty is working.

Gaz

Tek_Kaz
8th July 2011, 07:45 PM
Ha ha - Yes of course, spotted you both sheltering under a tree & doing the bingo on my way to the pub. Silly me - brain like a sieve. :D

Yes I'll be at A Wiltshire Event #12 all being well and looking forward to meeting you again there :cheers:

All the best.

Tek_kaz. (Karel) :)

Predictable Bob
9th July 2011, 07:51 AM
:cool:

It's OK - I recognised you !

But I suspect that you haven't a clue who I am

PS
We'll be at the next Wilts Meet too

:ph34r:

southwestvauxhalls
9th July 2011, 11:00 AM
Your picture's too small..........

.... That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :lol: :ph34r:

Predictable Bob
9th July 2011, 12:31 PM
:applause:

I know from personal experience that military service will screw up your knees/back/shoulder/neck etc but surely you're far too young for it to have screwed up your eyes ???

:D

southwestvauxhalls
9th July 2011, 02:38 PM
I'll get a clearer picture next weekend :lol:

So far it's screwed up my knee from an exercise that ended with me tearing 2 ligaments. My eyes from spending too much time at a computer, and my ears from loud explosions, gunfire giving me tinitus.

Still, it's not all bad, they're paying for me to go Paragliding for a week tomorrow :D

Predictable Bob
9th July 2011, 05:43 PM
:applause:

I did 22 years and picked up numerous injuries during that time BUT the one thing that was and is a real nuisance is my hearing loss (Due to engine noise not loud bangs). They paid out for my injuries when I retired but guess what wasn't covered ...

As they say - if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined !

:confused:

Palujia
10th July 2011, 11:25 PM
Welcome - Was a member of the Duke of Ednburgh's Royal Regiment (Berks and Wilts) for 12 years ! and spent my last two (74-76) recruiting in Wiltshire - lovely county and great people - Regiment now long gone - hope to meet you if we can get to a Wilts event in the future