PDA

View Full Version : Mega Travel

Palujia
27th July 2011, 12:07 AM
Beware all those travelling to the Mega Wales event down the M4. There has been a large lorry fire in the Brynglas Tunnel (J24 - J28)causing traffic chaos. It would appear that the Westbound Tunnel may be closed for "Several" days. There is a contra-flow on the Eastbound but long delays. She who must be obeyed - the navigator - has decided we will go via Gloucester and then down the M5. We are going to the campsite on the Thursday so it might be cleared by Saturday - We can but hope

Bill D (wwh)
27th July 2011, 12:34 AM
Look on the bright side - you save the toll charge if you go via Gloucester! :p

Predictable Bob
27th July 2011, 02:48 AM
:(

As long as the traffic isn't completely manic then getting off at J24 and going south via Newport should be OK - I used that route going the other way a few years ago when I was working in Cardiff

I wish the boss wasn't working first thing on Thursday morning cos by the time we get there it's likely to be messy :mad:

:(

DrDick&Vick
27th July 2011, 02:04 PM
Our (well mine) choen route is a nice scenic job, over the old bridge and then head up to Monmouth, head over to Merthyr Tydfil and down to Neath and almost there.

The Wombles
27th July 2011, 05:49 PM
The current traffic status is on the TomTom traffic website (http://www.tomtom.com/livetraffic/).

Rush hour at the time of posting, queues in each direction are 10 minutes and 11 minutes - not worth a big diversion.

DrDick&Vick
27th July 2011, 07:24 PM
sorted then M4 it is

Bill D (wwh)
29th July 2011, 03:26 PM
Both tunnels are now fully open, though with a 30mph limit westbound due to only partial lighting.