PDA

View Full Version : Call for Elections

paul.blitz
17th October 2004, 07:45 PM
With humble apologies... I just realised that, according to our constitution, we should have announced the annual elections by 1st October.

I'll post the actual election dates in the next 2 or 3 days (I'm just making suggestions to the committee).

It is likely that we'll start with the election for Chairman (eg first full week of the month), have a week's gap, and then follow with the election for the other committee members.

With that in mind, could I ask all members to consider whether they would like to join the GAGB committee, or indeed whether they might like to stand for the post of Chairman.

(If you are interested, but would like to know what level of workload is involved, then please ask any of the committee. The involvement of the current committee has ranged from attending several meetings with major landowners etc, down to "just being there" to give thoughts and advice: all posts are very much what you make them.)

Regards,

Paul Blitz
GAGB Chairman

Teasel
21st October 2004, 07:25 PM
To ensure that everyone who wishes to vote is able to, and to ensure that our membership records are kept up to date (a requirement of the DPA if nothing else), I have just sent an email to everyone who was in the "Member" or the "Member (non voting)" groups asking them to renew their membership and check the details we hold are still correct. (This was discussed here (https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=361&st=15)).

There are three links in the email. Most people will want to click on the "VOTING member" link. But if, for whatever reason you do not wish to vote (eg for a sockpuppet account that you want to keep for the forums but not vote with), there's an option to become a "NON-VOTING member". Finally, there's an option to request that your account be cancelled.

The process should be quick and simple. Over 50 people have already renewed their membership in the time it's taken me to write this! However this is the first time we've done this, so there are bound to be some teething troubles. Please contact committee@gagb.org.uk if anything goes wrong and we'll do our best to get it sorted.

Cheers,
Ian

el10t
24th October 2004, 08:10 AM
I haven't received an email. Should I have done?

Tim and June
24th October 2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by el10t@Oct 24 2004, 07:10 AM
It seems none of the founder members have so don't take it personally.

Unless of course as founder members we have lifetime membership. :rolleyes:

June

Bill D (wwh)
24th October 2004, 11:00 PM
Tim & June, el1ot, and all founder members, you're all in the membership list as Founder Members with voting rights. We decided that founder members and committee members would be done manually, so to speak, not as part of the automatic mailing of the general membership. Teasel, who's doing the mailing, has been very busy with other things lately, and is, I believe, away at the moment, but you haven't been forgotten!

Pharisee
25th October 2004, 09:17 AM
I don't seem to have received an e-mail either and I'm not a founder member. It could be that an e-mail was sent but 'trapped' by my anti-spam package, in which case you should have had an automatic e-mail from my system asking for confirmation. If that was ignored, then your e-mail would have been deleted I'm afraid. Would you please re-send it and I'll check for it manually and add you to my 'white list'.
Thanks

el10t
25th October 2004, 01:31 PM
Many thanks for that, Bill.

Bill D (wwh)
25th October 2004, 03:08 PM
Pharisee wrote:
I don't seem to have received an e-mail either and I'm not a founder member.
John, I've renewed your membership manually. The address to add to your list is committee@gagb.org.uk

Pharisee
25th October 2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bill D (wwh)@Oct 25 2004, 02:08 PM

Pharisee wrote:
I don't seem to have received an e-mail either and I'm not a founder member.
John, I've renewed your membership manually. The address to add to your list is committee@gagb.org.uk
Thanks, Bill.

I'll add the GAGB domain to my 'approved domains' list, that should ensure that any emails from the GAGB get through unhindered.

Teasel
27th October 2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by el10t@Oct 24 2004, 07:10 AM
Sorry about that! I just managed to get the renewal notices for standard members out the day before going on holiday. The choice was between including you (and getting queries about why you'd all been "demoted" to standard membership, or leaving you out (and getting queries about why you'd been "forgotten"). I chose the latter as the lesser of two evils! Same goes for committee members, visiting association members etc. All done in a bit of a rush, I'm afraid... I'll try to get an "all singing, all dancing" system in place before next time.

Cheers,
Ian