PDA

View Full Version : emCache and its Reputation

bobbinz
28th November 2011, 08:19 AM
As many of you know, recently two emCache members and one retired Webmaster stood for the GAGB committee elections. This led to several posts along the lines of emCache members spoiling the elections.

emCache is not one collective brainwashed organisation but is a community forum much like this one only without a committee. Anybody can be a member, you do not have to live in the East Midlands, much as anybody can be a GAGB member.

Recently emCache member have been at the centre of several large geocaching issues and discussions, here and elsewhere. I am sure you know what I am talking about.

This does not mean to say that we are all doing the same just because we are members. We are all individuals with our own though and feelings, much as members are on the GAGB forums. We do however sometimes share the same views sometimes and sometimes we don't!

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

Maple Leaf
28th November 2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the post Adam.

One day I will get to an emCache event and meet some of you personally. I was hoping to get to one a couple months ago as I was working closeby .... but unfortunately work went on too long that evening!

DrDick&Vick
28th November 2011, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately, this is something that happens quite often.
I would never presume that every member of emCache was a bad penny and would like to think that the whole incident can now be put behind us all.

Palujia
28th November 2011, 06:13 PM
I must admit that I have been sometimes a bit overquick to "Bite" when someone appears to have poked me with a stick !! Older (larf) and cooler heads have put me back in my kennel. I, like others, affixed my posts with the "my opinon" disclaimer, which only gave rise to further "pokes" !
I avidly follow other forum sites, and have membership of a lot of them and realise that we are all individuals and we are all cachers. Some enjoy a "lively" debate, with mud slinging included and others want a quiet life. The main and only really important point is that we all enjoy looking for tupperwear boxes in the woods with multimillion dollar technology ! I am really glad that there was a good contested election and look forward to working with the new committee. I am certainly going to get out to more events and look foreward to meeting a lot more cachers in person !
:cheers: