PDA

View Full Version : Peak District National Park Authority

Happy Humphrey
29th December 2011, 01:38 AM
According to https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=277688&view=findpost&p=4931369, the National Park Authority refuse cache permission in their owned woodlands. I'm not sure of the extent of these, but it could be worth checking with the contact and confirming;
a. that he has a proper understanding of what a geocache entails and hasn't made incorrect assumptions; and
b. that the restriction is confined to woodland only, and which woodlands this is relevant to.

Once that has been established, it sounds like a very useful addition to the Landowner Agreement page (although likely to be a negative one).

The Wombles
30th December 2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks HH, I've requested contact details to follow up.

Happy Humphrey
14th March 2012, 01:08 PM
Has anything happened since this issue arose?

The Wombles
14th March 2012, 09:12 PM
I've followed this up but there is no satisfactory conclusion either way.

The original cacher, meltdiceburg, made the original request for a particular wood and received a reply from the Woodland Conservation Officer that caches were not permitted.

meltdiceburg tried to clarify if this applied to all woods or just this one wood but didn't get a response. He did get permission for a cache in the car park which is managed by someone else.

I tried to contact the Woodland Conservation Officer to discuss and included an explaination of geocaching. This didn't get a response so I tried to clarify if this is a general permission denied and offered to add it to GLAD as permission denied. No response.

Given the uncertainty over what may or may not be permitted, I decided not to add it to GLAD at all unless we receive clarification.

Happy Humphrey
15th March 2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the update. It's disappointing that the Woodland Conservation Officer seems to be ignoring enquiries; perhaps it's worth contacting his superior?