PDA

View Full Version : Cachers wanted to help with Thames (London) CITOs

Maple Leaf
28th February 2012, 09:57 PM
The GAGB has been contacted by Thames21 as they are keen to work with geocachers in the London area with regard CITO events.

I have been in touch with Judith and she is happy for me to pass on her contact details:

Hi London Geocachers!

I am wondering if you would be interested in some CITO events in 2012 in London.

Some geocachers came to a Thames21 clean up event in 2010 and we have sites all over London where groups can get involved.

I read on the main website about the 10th Annual Cache In Trash Out Weekend which is scheduled for April 21st and 22nd, 2012.

Do you already have CITO events planned in London? If not I would be more than happy to get one organised.

Please let me know what you think and if you need more information.

About Thames21

Thames21 is the voice for London ’s waterways, working with communities to improve rivers and canals for people and wildlife.

We mobilise over 9000 volunteers every year to clean and green the capital’s 400 mile network of waterways.

Thames21 aims to transform neglected and littered waterways into areas that everyone can use and enjoy with innovative and tailored community approaches.

Our aims:

Thames21 works hand-in-hand with local communities to improve and maintain our waterways by:

·Engaging people of all ages, abilities and from all parts of society in London ’s waterways

·Removing litter

·Creating new habitats for wildlife, flora and fauna

·Removing non-native invasive species

·Promoting safe and equitable access to waterways

·Removing graffiti

·Undertaking monitoring and research

·Delivering education projects

·Campaigning for the reduction of waterway pollution and promoting sustainable behaviour

·Accrediting and training community groups to deliver safe and sustainable waterway improvement events

Judith Ressler
River Programmes Coordinator West London

M 07500842283
E judith.ressler@thames21.org.uk
W www.thames21.org.uk (http://www.thames21.org.uk/)