PDA

View Full Version : New TB's

Jacaru
11th March 2012, 06:21 PM
I am just about to receive the version 3 Border Collie trackable. I have also commissioned some trackables to mark the 80th anniversary of the Mass Trespass on Kinder Scout. They should both be with me in the next two or three weeks.

countrymatters
13th March 2012, 10:36 AM
Pity we weren't geocaching in 1992, because then we could celebrate the mass trespass on the Bolton Moors, and that on Darwen Moor, even earlier, both 40+ years ahead of the upstart trespass on Kinder.;) Should anyone want to read the truth about Kinder's comparatively trivial contribution to the fight for outdoor freedom, they should consult 'A Claim on the Countryside' by Harvey Taylor.

Likewise, should anyone feel the urge to produce a geocoin to commemorate the 120th anniversary of the birth of Tom Stephenson, of Pennine Way fame, then they have until February 2013 to do it. I was hoping to organise a nationwide series of walks to commemorate the birth of Tom (here in Chorley, Lancashire), but ran into website development difficulties. But it would still be worth a few geocaching events, I would have thought.:beer:

Jacaru
18th March 2012, 04:00 PM
That sounds like a good idea Terry. I might just do the 120th anniversary, well worth celebrating.

countrymatters
18th March 2012, 04:07 PM
I might just do the 120th anniversary, well worth celebrating.

Can I suggest that you liaise with lizzardman (Ian Grime), who works for a design company and has done quite a few coins recently including 366 (29 Feb), plus 101010 and 111111. The main thing is to get a coin out for the anniversary, and then to arrange events up and down the country.:applause: Ian is/was in Madrid this week, and may still be there.

Jacaru
18th March 2012, 06:40 PM
Cheers Terry, but I doubt that I would do a coin. I have virtually given up on having those made now and I am just sticking to photo TB's. It took ages to sell my last UK coin and I only had 100 minted.