PDA

View Full Version : Events on Iceland during July 2013

ingabo
2nd November 2012, 08:13 PM
Hi !
I am a geocacher from Sweden who will arrange a series of events during W30 and 31 2013, end of July in northern Iceland. Since i hope for a lot of international participants I take the chance and publish some information around the events here. I hope no one will mind.
Reason for choosing Iceland is that I will be there for some weeks to visit relatives and friends. And what would be more convenient than to place some caches and gather together with other cachers during some nice walks.
I have started to make a home page around my plans here www.ingabo.n.nu (http://www.ingabo.n.nu/) where all information in detail will be found. Events on geocaching.com will be published as soon as I am permitted to do so.
Perhaps you will find your way to fantastic Iceland next summer too ?
Greetings from Sweden
Ingabo

frosty68
2nd November 2012, 08:21 PM
Will Kerry Katona be invited?

Iceland looks a beautiful country, wish there was a chance I could make it :(

Maple Leaf
2nd November 2012, 08:50 PM
Hi and welcome to the GAGB forums.

I have added the link to your website for you.

Iceland is a lovely country - my husband and I went there on a 10 day holiday in summer 2004 and had a fantastic time with beautiful weather for the majority of time.

Only downside is that it was 9 months before we discovered geocaching .... so it is definitely on the cards to visit again sometime and colour in a bit more of my caching map :D

I've also added it to the GAGB Facebook group.

ingabo
9th November 2012, 05:58 PM
Will Kerry Katona be invited?

Iceland looks a beautiful country, wish there was a chance I could make it :(

Hmmm, I am unfortunately not familiar with who Kerry Katona is...... In principal any geocacher (and also muggle) is welcome to join. I hope for much international participation. Coming together is just great ! :socool:
Thanks also to maple leaf for publishing the link in other forums !:applause:
Greetings Ingabo

martybartfast
9th November 2012, 08:32 PM
Hmmm, I am unfortunately not familiar with who Kerry Katona is......

You lucky, lucky person, you don't know how lucky you are!

Anyway I doubt I'd be able to make it but good luck and I hope you enjoy it!

ingabo
9th June 2013, 07:08 PM
Dear caching colleagues !
I am happy to announce the 20 published events in the IIGE series for this summer. :eek:
All events will follow during the time period July 19 until August 3. At least :ohmy: one event every day !! :D
I have chosen, what I think is crème de la crème, spots for the events.
You will find touristic day trips, bird watching, going north of the polar circle, power walking trail in the mountains, hot bath, summit climbing, glacier walks, a 4 day walk and shorter walks. Not to mention the 4x4 events taking you to places you would never go to. :socool:

I hope for much international participation and I hope that you will find something attractive in this offer for you too.

www(dot)ingabo(dot)n(dot)nu is awaiting your comments !

Greetings and have a nice summer vacation !
Ingabo