PDA

View Full Version : SCO in January: Strelitz Woods and Edinburgh Area

Kirsten
14th December 2012, 09:09 PM
Hello

I resolved all Strelitz puzzle. The caches are in the Strelitz Woods which is 10miles North (NNE) of Perth -> a bookmarklist is available, use for example the listing of GC385ZJ and then Smile - puzzle series*

It would be great to have a buddie when look for the boxes. I'm on the hunt on the 8th (Tuesday) January. I stay near Dunkeld, but would offer also a lift from/to Perth.
(maybe you solved also a few of the puzzles. There are very amusing and equitably)

There is atleast another puzzle cache which I solved but for safety it is recommended not to search the cache on my own.
-> Souvenir Exchange 2 (GCP91N)* in Edinburgh.

The date for this could be the 10th (Thursday), the 11th (Friday) or 12th (Saturday) January.

The other day I'm not doing this cache I want to visit Musselburgh and the coastline there (Lift from/to Edinburgh / P+R Sheriffhall is available).

Some words to me:

A german woman in her 30ish on her own with her own car (left hand driver with more then 10000miles on british roads). I like to drive with my car in every weather and road conditions. Also it doesn't matter which weather conditions are during caching. I can be chatty, but if someone say "stop, enough" then no problem to keep my mouth shut. REALLY!! :p

If someone interested: I await you mail/pm/answer

*in the moment its not allowed for me to post a link :dunno:

bobo frett
15th December 2012, 12:55 PM
Kirsten, I've posted a link to this in the Scottish caching facebook page too. Hopefully you'll get a caching buddy to go with :D

Kirsten
15th December 2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks Bobo, but I have asked there a few days ago ;) Now the plans are more concrete, especially about the EDI-part.

For people who have no appropiated GPS unit for winter conditions: I have a second GPS with me. It's my "old" Garmin Etrex Legend Hcx.

Kirsten
3rd February 2013, 07:56 PM
I had a funny day out in the Strelitz woods ... alone :( I found 38 of the caches, 2 was away.

Because I failed with my first attempt to find the Souvenir cache, I was accompied for the second attempt. This time I was successfully. Sad because of trouble with the Oregon and glad because of an invitation by friends to Falkirk this was the only cache I found in Edinburgh.