PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

DamianBurrin
27th December 2012, 08:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to GeoCaching so will introduce myself. I'm Damian (The Burrin's) and have just started caching with my Wife and two daughters. We live in lincoln, and am a teacher in Brigg, we have found a couple near us (we are up to 5 now!!) but are having difficulties with finding the caches or what seem to be caches that have been lost which is a little disappointing for the kids (the problem with innericty caches i guess)

We shall plug on and will endeavour to get out into the country when the weather picks up.

I met a few local cachers at the LMM on 21/12/12 which was good - thanks guys.

Any advice is always appreciated.

Damian

northking
27th December 2012, 09:27 PM
Hi Damian

I'm not too far away, and cache quite regularly in Lincolnshire. There are some fantastic series in the Countryside around Lincoln, those towards Newark by Pipesy and Steverac are well worth going for (in better weather). The inner city caches wherever you go tend to be a bit patchy, high traffic areas call for devious/ingenious hides and can often fall foul of inquisitive passers by or street cleaners. It's a little different when you get out and about, especially if you find a cache owner who looks after their caches (I'm trying my best to be diplomatic). I'm sure that you will have noticed caches placed by tentmantent in Lincoln, he works in the City and if you have issues with any of his drop him a line and he usually responds, especially if you mention his band! Good hunting and stay in touch.

mollyjak
27th December 2012, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the hobby - but it can soon become an addiction:)

DamianBurrin
27th December 2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the advice. I had spotted tentmantent's caches, he seems a nice chap, i went hunting for one of his yesterday and found it trashed (only the lid left) i put up a log and dropped him an email and he contacted me as well as taking the cache offline very quickly which is great as it helps to know if a cache is active or not.

Hopefully we'll have more luck soon. We had a great walk out in Dunholme near where my mum lives and found lucy's dump and pump up the volume which was great.

I can see this becoming very addictive (just like my other 'weired' hobbies!!)

Damian

bobo frett
1st January 2013, 07:06 PM
Howdy Damian.

I've just seen this post, my apologies.

I'm part of Bobo Frett and own the Naughty or Nice series which runs through Brigg. Darleygirl, my partner went to Nelthorpe and Froggy's Mum, another local cacher was a teacher at Nelthorpe.

More than happy to help if you need a nudge or want some advice on any local caches.

DamianBurrin
1st January 2013, 07:12 PM
That would be ace. I work at the vale so will be trying the brigg caches soon. I did try the old pump but couldn't find the magnetic nano. Now i've got a couple of caches under my belt though i have a better idea of what i'm looking for!

Thanks
Damian

bobo frett
1st January 2013, 07:35 PM
DM you Damian